Background and activities
Our main research goal is to develop clinical applications of advanced optical imaging techniques with a special emphasis on non-linear microscopy.
Clinical applications of nonlinear microscopy
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Alterations in collagen fibre patterns in breast cancer. A premise for tumour invasiveness?. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 123 (1).
- (2015) Nonlinear optical microscopy of early stage (ICRS Grade-I) osteoarthritic human cartilage. Biomedical Optics Express. vol. 6 (5).
- (2015) Single Cell Confocal Raman Spectroscopy of Human Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes: A Preliminary Study. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 16 (5).
- (2014) Ultrasound-enhanced drug delivery in prostate cancer xenografts by nanoparticles stabilizing microbubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 187.
- (2014) Mueller matrix three-dimensional directional imaging of collagen fibers. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 19 (2).
- (2014) Analysis of human knee osteoarthritic cartilage using polarization sensitive second harmonic generation microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9129.
- (2014) Polarization second harmonic generation microscopy provides quantitative enhanced molecular specificity for tissue diagnostics. Journal of Biophotonics.
- (2014) Biochemical and Structural Characterization of Neocartilage Formed by Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Alginate Hydrogels. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (3).
- (2013) Identification of functional structures in tissue engineered cartilage: from nm to macro scale. European Cells and Materials. vol. 26.
- (2013) 3D quantitative Fourier analysis of second harmonic generation microscopy images of collagen structure in cartilage. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8588.
- (2012) Characterization of Cholesterol Crystals in Atherosclerotic Plaques Using Stimulated Raman Scattering and Second-Harmonic Generation Microscopy. Biophysical Journal. vol. 102 (8).
- (2011) Quantitative characterization of articular cartilage using Mueller matrix imaging and multiphoton microscopy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 16 (11).
- (2011) Structural Analysis of Articular Cartilage Using Multiphoton Microscopy: Input for Biomechanical Modeling. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 30 (9).
- (2011) Extracting quantitative biomechanical parameters for cartilage from second harmonic generation images. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7903.
- (2010) Morphological Analysis of Articular Cartilage Using Multiphoton Microscopy as Input for Constitutive Modeling: Experiment and Mathematical Implementation. International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering Proceedings. vol. 31 (3).
- (2009) Mechanical properties of tissue determined by multiphoton microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7183.
- (2007) Characterization of vulnerable plaque by multiphoton microscopy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 12 (4).
- (2007) Multiphoton microscopy of atherosclerotic plaques. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 6424.
- (2007) An analytic and numerical study of intravascular thermography of vulnerable plaque. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 52.
- (2006) Reflection spectroscopy of atherosclerotic plaque. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 11.