Background and activities
Our main research goal is to develop clinical applications of advanced optical imaging techniques with a special emphasis on non-linear microscopy.
Clinical applications of nonlinear microscopy
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Second harmonic generation imaging reveals a distinct organization of collagen fibrils in locations associated with cartilage growth. Connective Tissue Research. vol. 57 (5).
- (2015) Alterations in collagen fibre patterns in breast cancer. A premise for tumour invasiveness?. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 123 (1).
- (2015) Optical investigation of osteoarthritic human cartilage (ICRS grade) by confocal Raman spectroscopy: a pilot study. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. vol. 407 (26).
- (2015) Nonlinear optical microscopy of early stage (ICRS Grade-I) osteoarthritic human cartilage. Biomedical Optics Express. vol. 6 (5).
- (2015) Polarization second harmonic generation microscopy provides quantitative enhanced molecular specificity for tissue diagnostics. Journal of Biophotonics. vol. 8 (9).
- (2015) Single Cell Confocal Raman Spectroscopy of Human Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes: A Preliminary Study. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 16 (5).
- (2015) Second harmonic generation imaging in tissue engineering and cartilage pathologies. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 9329.
- (2015) Novel imaging technologies for characterization of microbial extracellular polysaccharides. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 6 (MAY).
- (2014) Ultrasound-enhanced drug delivery in prostate cancer xenografts by nanoparticles stabilizing microbubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 187.
- (2014) Mueller matrix three-dimensional directional imaging of collagen fibers. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 19 (2).
- (2014) Analysis of human knee osteoarthritic cartilage using polarization sensitive second harmonic generation microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9129.
- (2014) Biochemical and Structural Characterization of Neocartilage Formed by Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Alginate Hydrogels. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (3).
- (2013) Identification of functional structures in tissue engineered cartilage: from nm to macro scale. European Cells and Materials. vol. 26.
- (2013) 3D quantitative Fourier analysis of second harmonic generation microscopy images of collagen structure in cartilage. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8588.
- (2012) Characterization of Cholesterol Crystals in Atherosclerotic Plaques Using Stimulated Raman Scattering and Second-Harmonic Generation Microscopy. Biophysical Journal. vol. 102 (8).
- (2011) Quantitative characterization of articular cartilage using Mueller matrix imaging and multiphoton microscopy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 16 (11).
- (2011) Structural Analysis of Articular Cartilage Using Multiphoton Microscopy: Input for Biomechanical Modeling. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 30 (9).
- (2011) Extracting quantitative biomechanical parameters for cartilage from second harmonic generation images. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7903.
- (2010) Morphological Analysis of Articular Cartilage Using Multiphoton Microscopy as Input for Constitutive Modeling: Experiment and Mathematical Implementation. International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering Proceedings. vol. 31 (3).
- (2009) Mechanical properties of tissue determined by multiphoton microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7183.