Postal addressDepartment of Physics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Magnus Borstad Lilledahl
- Electromagnetism, acoustics, optics
- Biomedical Optics
Background and activities
Our main research goal is to develop clinical applications of advanced optical imaging techniques with a special emphasis on non-linear microscopy.
Clinical applications of nonlinear microscopy
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Ultrasound-enhanced drug delivery in prostate cancer xenografts by nanoparticles stabilizing microbubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. volum 187.
- (2014) Mueller matrix three-dimensional directional imaging of collagen fibers. Journal of Biomedical Optics. volum 19 (2).
- (2014) Biochemical and Structural Characterization of Neocartilage Formed by Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Alginate Hydrogels. PLoS ONE. volum 9 (3).
- (2013) Identification of functional structures in tissue engineered cartilage: from nm to macro scale. European Cells and Materials. volum 26.
- (2013) 3D quantitative Fourier analysis of second harmonic generation microscopy images of collagen structure in cartilage. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. volum 8588.
- (2012) Characterization of Cholesterol Crystals in Atherosclerotic Plaques Using Stimulated Raman Scattering and Second-Harmonic Generation Microscopy. Biophysical Journal. volum 102 (8).
- (2011) Quantitative characterization of articular cartilage using Mueller matrix imaging and multiphoton microscopy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. volum 16 (11).
- (2011) Structural Analysis of Articular Cartilage Using Multiphoton Microscopy: Input for Biomechanical Modeling. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. volum 30 (9).
- (2011) Extracting quantitative biomechanical parameters for cartilage from second harmonic generation images. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. volum 7903.
- (2010) Morphological Analysis of Articular Cartilage Using Multiphoton Microscopy as Input for Constitutive Modeling: Experiment and Mathematical Implementation. International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering Proceedings. volum 31 (3).
- (2009) Mechanical properties of tissue determined by multiphoton microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. volum 7183.
- (2007) Characterization of vulnerable plaque by multiphoton microscopy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. volum 12 (4).
- (2007) Multiphoton microscopy of atherosclerotic plaques. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. volum 6424.
- (2007) An analytic and numerical study of intravascular thermography of vulnerable plaque. Physics in Medicine and Biology. volum 52.
- (2006) Reflection spectroscopy of atherosclerotic plaque. Journal of Biomedical Optics. volum 11.
- (2006) Changes in skin properties following minor trauma. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Three-Dimensional Visualization and Quantification of Structural Fibres for Biomedical Applications. Confocal Laser Microscopy - Principles and Applications in Medicine, Biology, and the Food Sciences.
- (2007) Biomechanical characterization of soft tissue injuries. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. Photonic Therapeutics and Diagnostics III.
- (2006) Effect of a thin blood layer on fluorescence spectroscopy. Photonic Therapeutics and Diagnostics II.
- (2006) Subcutaneous transport of extravascular blood. Photonic Therapeutics and Diagnostics II.