Postal addressDepartment of Sociology and Political Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Director, NTNU Japan Program (since 2005)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Enter The Dragon! An Empirical Analysis of Chinese versus US Arms Transfers to Autocrats and Violators of Human Rights,1989 - 2006. International Studies Quarterly. volum 56 (4).
- (2012) By land and by sea: the potential of EU - Japan security cooperation. Japan forum. volum 24 (3).
- (2012) Post-war Japanese realism and strategy toward China: introduction to a mini-special issue of translations. Japan forum. volum 24 (4).
- (2008) Challenging the Democratic Peace? Historical Memory and the Security Relationship between Japan and South Korea. Pacific Focus. volum 23 (2).
- (2007) Japan: Frå trussel til Trua?. Hvor hender det?.
- (2006) Japanese Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism: Implications for Japan’s Security Strategy. Policy Studies.
- (2011) Rethinking Japanese Public Opinion and Security: From Pacifism to Realism?. Stanford University Press. 2011. ISBN 9780804772174.
- (2008) Japanese Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism. Palgrave Macmillan. 2008. ISBN 0230606431.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Foreign Policy as an Election Issue. Japan Decides 2012.
- (2011) Historical memory versus democratic reassurance: The security relationship between Japan and South Korea. Changing Power Relations in Northeast Asia : Implications for relations between Japan and South Korea.
- (2009) Balancing Between a Hegemon and a Would-be Hegemon. Japan's Politics and Economy, perspectives on change.
- (2008) Conclusions. Japanese Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism.
- (2008) Introduction. Japanese Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism.
- (2008) Japanese Mass Opinion toward the War on Terrorism. Japanese Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism.
- (2008) Japanese Political Parties Face Public Opinion : Leading Responding, or Ignoring?. Japanese Public Opinion and the War on Terrorism.
- (2006) Globalization and National Security: Is Japan Still an Island?. Globalization and National Security.
- (2006) Teiseiteki kenkyuu houhou he no michi annai. Kokusai kankei riron.