Postal addressDepartment of Engineering Design and Materials Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Tribocorrosion: Tribocorrosion is a phenomenon that produces degradation of a material by a simultaneous wear and corrosion attack . Tribocorrosion is an important industrial phenomenon since it concerns a wide variety of industries (oil & gas, automotive, nuclear, aircraft, marine, food, biomedical, etc.) and it can have significant implications for human health.
Surface technologies: Material degradation because of corrosion, wear and exhaustion normally starts at the surface. Surface Technology is a key technology to enhance the lifetime of the materials compared to these structural mechanisms of breakdown. In addition Surface Technology is a key technology to add functionality to surfaces and combine multifunctional surfaces.
- Establishment of the TribologyLab at NTNU/SINTEF.
- Basic research for understanding the Silicon sawing process.
- New methods for Silicon wafer cutting.
- Coatings and surface treatments for use in riser tensioning systems in tribocorrosive environments.
- Novel coatings and surface treatments for wear resistance for offshore wind turbines applications.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) A Tribological Study of UHMWPE Ski Base Treated with Nano Ski Wax and its Effects and Benefits on Performance. Procedia Engineering. volum 72.
- (2014) Influence of Corrosion on the Abrasion of Cutter Steels Used in TBM Tunnelling. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering.
- (2014) Tribocorrosion mechanisms of NiCrMo-625 alloy: An electrochemical modeling approach. Tribology International. volum 73.
- (2013) Liquid-Solid Self-Lubricated Coatings. Journal of thermal spray technology (Print). volum 22 (1).
- (2013) Tribocorrosion of Pulsed Plasma-Nitrided CoCrMo Implant Alloy. Tribology letter. volum 49 (1).
- (2013) Bulk Metallic Glasses (BMG) for biomedical applications – a tribocorrosion investigation of Zr55Cu30Ni5Al10 in simulated body fluid. Wear. volum 301 (1-2).
- (2013) A new experimental technique for quantifying the galvanic coupling effects on stainless steel during tribocorrosion under equilibrium conditions. Wear. volum 307 (1-2).
- (2013) The wear and lubrication performance of liquid–solid self-lubricated coatings. Surface & Coatings Technology. volum 235.
- (2013) Thermally Sprayed SiC Coatings for Offshore Wind Turbine Bearing Applications. Journal of thermal spray technology (Print). volum 22 (8).
- (2012) Multi-degradation behavior of austenitic and super duplex stainless steel - The effect of 4-point static and cyclic bending applied to a simulated seawater tribocorrosion system. Wear. volum 288.
- (2011) Sealing HVOF Thermally Sprayed WC-CoCr Coatings by Sol-Gel Methods. Journal of thermal spray technology (Print). volum 20 (4).
- (2011) Dry wear and tribocorrosion mechanisms of pulsed plasma nitrided Ni–Cr alloy. Wear. volum 270 (7-8).
- (2011) Effect of slurry parameters on material removal rate in multi-wire sawing of silicon wafers: a tribological approach. Proceedings of the Institution of mechanical engineers. Part J, journal of engineering tribology. volum 225 (J10).
- (2011) A multi-degradation test rig for studying the synergy effects of tribocorrosion interacting with 4-point static and cyclic bending. Wear. volum 271 (11-12).
- (2010) Tribocorrosion behaviour of overlay welded Ni–Cr 625 alloy in sulphuric and nitric acids: Electrochemical and chemical effects. Tribology International. volum 43 (7).
- (2010) Modeling the multi-degradation mechanisms of combined tribocorrosion interacting with static and cyclic loaded surfaces of passive metals exposed to seawater. Wear. volum 269 (7-8).
- (2008) Cr3C2-NiCr and WC-Ni thermal spray coatings as alternatives to hard chromium for erosion-corrosion resistance. Surface & Coatings Technology. volum 202 (8).
Part of book/report
- (2011) Tribocorrosion mechanisms in sliding contacts. Tribocorrosion of passive metals and coatings.