Background and activities
My research interests are focused on surface technologies, tribology and tribocorrosion. The main motivation is to perform basic research to understand degradation phenomena involving different types of applications, i.e. oil&Gas industry, drilling and tunneling, biomaterials, sports and renewable energy (wind and solar).
The main focus is on investigating the degradation phenomena of materials exposed to aggressive environments where mechanics and chemistry act simultaneously. Finding new solutions to these materials problems by surface engineering is the ultimate goal of my research. Surface Engineering is a key technology to add functionality to surfaces therefore it is crucial to solve materials problems.
Current and past project topics:
- Tribocorrosion mechanisms in coatings and metals.
- Multidegradation - the interaction of tribocorrosion with fatigue.
- Understanding the Silicon sawing process and new methods for Silicon wafer cutting.
- Coatings and surface treatments for use in tribocorrosive environments.
- New coatings and surface treatments for wear resistant offshore applications.
- Lubricants and lubrication for offshore applications.
- Ski tribology.