Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Tribocorrosion: Tribocorrosion is a phenomenon that produces degradation of a material by a simultaneous wear and corrosion attack . Tribocorrosion is an important industrial phenomenon since it concerns a wide variety of industries (oil & gas, automotive, nuclear, aircraft, marine, food, biomedical, etc.) and it can have significant implications for human health.
Surface technologies: Material degradation because of corrosion, wear and exhaustion normally starts at the surface. Surface Technology is a key technology to enhance the lifetime of the materials compared to these structural mechanisms of breakdown. In addition Surface Technology is a key technology to add functionality to surfaces and combine multifunctional surfaces.
- Establishment of the TribologyLab at NTNU/SINTEF.
- Basic research for understanding the Silicon sawing process.
- New methods for Silicon wafer cutting.
- Coatings and surface treatments for use in riser tensioning systems in tribocorrosive environments.
- Novel coatings and surface treatments for wear resistance for offshore wind turbines applications.