Background and activities
Marine hydromechanics and Environmental loads
- Wave generation, kinematics and propagation
- Loads from wind, waves and currents
- Physical modelling
- Climate change and Coastal Engineering
Technical Oceanography :
- The marine physical environment
- Oceanic instrumentation, data collection and analysis
- Internal waves
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Breaking wave interaction with tandem cylinders under different impact scenarios. Journal of waterway, port, coastal, and ocean engineering.
- (2016) Upstream and Downstream Cylinder Influence on the Hydrodynamics of a Four Cylinder Group. Journal of waterway, port, coastal, and ocean engineering.
- (2015) Three Dimensional Numerical Modeling of Pier Scour Under Current and Waves Using Level Set Method. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. vol. 137 (3).
- (2015) CFD Modeling of Local Scour Around a Pair of Tandem Cylinders under Wave Conditions. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2015-January.
- (2015) Three-dimensional CFD modeling of wave scour around side-by-side and triangular arrangement of piles with REEF3D. Procedia Engineering. vol. 116 (1).
- (2015) Open-Source CFD in Marine Engineering. META.
- (2015) CFD Simulations of Roll Motion of a Floating Ice Block in Waves using REEF3D. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2015-January.
- (2015) CFD Investigations of Wave Interaction with a Pair of Large Tandem Cylinders. Ocean Engineering. vol. 108.
- (2015) Evaluating Wave Forces on Groups of Three and Nine Cylinders using a 3D Numerical Wave Tank. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics. vol. 9 (1).
- (2015) CFD Simulations of Wave Propagation and Shoaling over a Submerged Bar. Aquatic procedia. vol. 4.
- (2015) CFD Simulations to Determine Wave Forces on a Row of Cylinders. Procedia Engineering. vol. 116 (1).
- (2015) Numerical Investigations of the Hydrodynamics of an Oscillating Water Column Device. Ocean Engineering. vol. 102.
- (2015) Numerical Modeling of Power Take-off Damping in an Oscillating Water Column Device. International Journal of Marine Energy. vol. 10.
- (2015) Characterization of wave slamming forces for a truss structure within the framework of the WaveSlam project. Energy Procedia. vol. 80.
- (2015) Experimental Analysis of Slamming Load Characteristics for Truss Structures in Offshore Wind Applications. Journal of Ocean and Wind Energy. vol. 2 (3).
- (2012) Wave forces on a composite breakwater with circular cylinder caissons. Coastal Engineering Journal. vol. 54 (4).
- (2012) On berm breakwaters: Recession, crown wall wave forces, reliability. Coastal Engineering. vol. 60.
- (1997) Lee waves and hydrodynamical loads due to the motion of a submerged horizontal cylinder in a three layer fluid. Journal of Hydraulic Research. vol. Vol 35 (4).
- (1997) Lee waves and hydrodynamical loads due to the motion of a submerged hrizontal circular cylinder in a three-layer fluid. Journal of Hydraulic Research. vol. 35 (4).
- (1996) Disturbances, lift and drag forces due to the translation of a horizontal circular cylinder in stratified water. Experiments in Fluids. vol. 21.