Postal addressDepartment of Telematics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Overall I work with different aspects of data communication. In particular I have worked on performance evaluation ,interface devices, QoS, wireless networks including multi-hop and sensor networks and some security aspects. I believe it is important to address cross displimary aspects of communictation, i.e communication in an application domain.
Research Group: Networks
· Professor at NTNU 2000 -
· Research manager and researcher Telenor Research 1989 -2000
· Postdoc at Univ. of California, Berkeley, 1888
· Ph.d. Univ. of California, Berkeley, 1988
· Trainee EXXON Norway 1980-1982
· Siv ing. NTNU 1980
I have extensive experience as an EU project and proposal evaluator. I also have fairly broad experiences in consulting and prototyping advanced communication services
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2011) Enhancing Data Transmission Reliability with Multipath Multicast Rate Allocation. Advances in Electronics and Telecommunications. volum 2 (3).
- (2011) Increasing the Lifetime of Roadside Sensor Networks Using Edge-Betweenness Clustering. IEEE International Conference on Communications. volum 1.
- (2010) A Deadline-Driven Probabilistic Quality of Service Routing for Mobile Ad hoc Networks. Journal of Digital Information Management. volum 8 (2).
- (2010) Quality of Service in mobile ad hoc networks: a survey. International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing. volum 6 (2).
- (2010) Routing Trade-offs in Sparse and Mobile Heterogeneous Multi-Radio Ad Hoc Networks. MILCOM IEEE Military Communications Conference.
- (2010) Optimized Group Communication for Tactical Military Networks. MILCOM IEEE Military Communications Conference.
- (2010) Gateway Load Balancing in Future Tactical Networks. MILCOM IEEE Military Communications Conference.
- (2010) A Survey of QoS Multicast in Ad Hoc Networks. Future Internet. volum 2 (3).
- (2009) Routing of internal MANET traffic over external networks. International Journal of Mobile Information Systems. volum 5 (3).
- (2008) Scalable Revocation in Hybrid Ad Hoc Networks. The SHARL Scheme. Journal of Networks. volum 3 (6).
- (2007) Rerouting time and queueing in proactive Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference : [Proceedings].
- (2007) Does higher datarate perform better in IEEE 802.11-based multihop ad hoc networks?. Journal of Communications and Networks. volum 9 (3).
- (2007) Does higher datarate perform better in IEEE 802.11-based multihop ad hoc networks?. Journal of Communications and Networks. volum 9.
- (2007) DiffServ in Ad Hoc Networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2006) Survey of Key Management in Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. volum 8 (3).
- (2005) The use of service level agreements in tactical military coalition force networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. volum 43 (11).
- (2005) Replay attacks in mobile wireless ad hoc networks: Protecting the OLSR protocol. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 3421.
- (2002) Tree Recovery in PIM Sparse Mode. Telecommunications Systems.
- (2007) 3rd EuroNGI Conference on Next Generation Internet Networks, Design and Engineering for Heterogeneity. IEEE conference proceedings. 2007. ISBN 1-4244-0856-3.
- (2007) Alternative Packet Forwarding For Otherwise Discarded Packets. IEEE Computer Society. 2007. ISBN 978-0-7695-3048-2.