Postal addressDepartment of Biotechnology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibility
- Professor in microbial ecology
- Leader of the research group "Analysis and Control of Microbial Systems" with Kjetill Østgaard
- Teaches TBT4110 Microbiology, BT8101 Microbial Ecology, AK8000 Marine juvenile technology
- Involved in the projects HARVEST, OCEAN CERTAIN, Solbiopta, ThraustoEng, GnotoCod
I’m a professor in Microbial Ecology with general interest in aquatic ecosystems - both natural and un-natural (human created). Besides basic aspects, I’m interested in applied microbial ecology which can be placed under the heading Environmental Biotechnology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Effects of membrane filtration on bacterial number and microbial diversity in marine recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) for Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) production. Aquaculture. volum 422-423.
- (2013) Live feed is not a major determinant of the microbiota associated with cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Environmental Microbiology Reports. volum 5 (4).
- (2013) Insight into bacterial population in aquaculture systems and its implication. Aquacultural Engineering. volum 53.
- (2013) Biomass production from the microalga Phaeodactylum tricornutum: Nutrient stress and chemical composition in exponential fed-batch cultures. Biomass and Bioenergy. volum 58.
- (2013) Gene regulation of carbon fixation, storage, and utilization in the diatom phaeodactylum tricornutum acclimated to light/dark cycles. Plant Physiology. volum 161 (2).
- (2013) A spatiotemporal study of bacterial community profiles associated with Atlantic bluefin tuna larvae, Thunnus thynnus L., in three Mediterranean hatcheries. Aquaculture Research. volum 44 (10).
- (2013) Feeding selectivity of Calanus finmarchicus in the Trondheimsfjord. Journal of Sea Research. volum 85.
- (2013) Pathways of Lipid Metabolism in Marine Algae, Co-Expression Network, Bottlenecks and Candidate Genes for Enhanced Production of EPA and DHA in Species of Chromista. Marine Drugs. volum 11 (11).
- (2013) Microbial biogeography during austral summer 2007 in the surface waters around the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Aquatic Microbial Ecology. volum 70.
- (2013) Responses of biological and chemical components in North East Atlantic coastal water to experimental nitrogen and phosphorus addition– a full scale ecosystem study and its relevance for management. Science of the Total Environment. volum 473-474 (March).
- (2013) Microbiology and immunology of fish larvae. Reviews in Aquaculture. volum 53.
- (2013) Assimilation of inorganic nutrients from salmon (Salmo salar) farming by the macroalgae (Saccharina latissima)in an exposed coastal environment: implications for integrated multi-trophic aquaculture. Journal of Applied Phycology.
- (2012) Recirculation as a possible microbial control strategy in the production of marine larvae. Aquacultural Engineering. volum 46.
- (2012) Ceramic clay reduces the load of organic matter and bacteria in marine fish larval culture tanks. Aquacultural Engineering. volum 49.
- (2012) The effects of moderate ozonation or high intensity UV-irradiation on the microbial environment in RAS for marine larvae. Aquaculture. volum 330.
- (2012) Inter-individual variation in the dominant intestinal microbiota of reared Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) larvae. Aquaculture Research. volum 43 (10).
- (2012) Bacterial composition and activity determines host gene-expression responses in gnotobiotic Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae. Veterinary Microbiology. volum 157 (3-4).
- (2012) Carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus resource supply and utilisation for coastal planktonic heterotrophic bacteria in a gradient of nutrient loading. Marine Ecology Progress Series. volum 447.
- (2012) Prey-predator dynamics in rotifers: density-dependent consequences of spatial heterogeneity due to surface attachment. Ecology. volum 93 (8).
- (2011) PCR-based community structure studies of Bacteria associated with eukaryotic organisms: A simple PCR strategy to avoid co-amplification of eukaryotic DNA. Journal of Microbiological Methods. volum 84 (2).