Background and activities
I’m a professor in Microbial Ecology with general interest in aquatic ecosystems - both natural and un-natural (human created).
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibility
- Professor in microbial ecology
- Leader of the research group "Analysis and Control of Microbial Systems" with Kjetill Østgaard
- Teaches TBT4110 Microbiology, BT8101 Microbial Ecology, AK8000 Marine juvenile technology
- Involved in the projects OCEAN CERTAIN, ThraustoEng, GnotoCod, MIRA, MicStaTech, MICRO-Feed
I’m a professor in Microbial Ecology with general interest in aquatic ecosystems - both natural and un-natural (human created). Besides basic aspects, I’m interested in applied microbial ecology which can be placed under the heading Environmental Biotechnology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Thraustochytrids as production organisms for docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), squalene, and carotenoids. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 100.
- (2016) Microbial maturation of intake water at different carrying capacities affects microbial control in rearing tanks for marine fish larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 457.
- (2016) Correlation between microbiota and growth in Mangrove Killifish (Kryptolebias marmoratus) and Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Scientific Reports.
- (2016) Nitrification at different salinities: Biofilm community composition and physiological plasticity. Water Research. vol. 95.
- (2016) The Effect of Essential Fatty Acids for the Somatic Growth in Nauplii of Calanus finmarchicus. Frontiers in Marine Science. vol. 3.
- (2016) Draft genome sequence of the docosahexaenoic acid producing thraustochytrid Aurantiochytrium sp. T66. Genomics Data. vol. 8.
- (2016) Diatom frustules as a biomaterial: effects of chemical treatment on organic material removal and mechanical properties in cleaned frustules from two Coscinodiscus species. Journal of porous materials.
- (2015) Selection in the host structures the microbiota associated with developing cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Environmental Microbiology. vol. 17 (10).
- (2015) Titanium uptake and incorporation into silica nanostructures by the diatom Pinnularia sp. (Bacillariophyceae). Journal of Applied Phycology. vol. 27 (2).
- (2015) Assessment of Microbiological Quality of Retail Fresh Sushi from Selected Sources in Norway. Journal of Food Protection. vol. 78 (5).
- (2015) Gene regulation of lipid and phospholipid metabolism in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part B: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. vol. 190.
- (2015) Transcriptional regulation of lipid accumulation in phosphorus limited Nannochloropsis oceanica. European journal of phycology. vol. 50.
- (2015) Microbial community dynamics and biogas production from manure fractions in sludge bed anaerobic digestion. Journal of Applied Microbiology. vol. 119 (6).
- (2015) Use of the microalga Pavlova viridis as enrichment product for the feeding of Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Aquaculture. vol. 438.
- (2015) Wavelength and orientation dependent capture of light by diatom frustule nanostructures. Scientific Reports. vol. 5:17403.
- (2015) Probiotic strains introduced through live feed and rearingwater have low colonizing success in developing Atlantic cod larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 438.
- (2014) RAS and microbial maturation as tools for K-selection of microbial communities improve survival in cod larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 432.
- (2014) Ecological theory as a foundation to control pathogenic invasion in aquaculture. The ISME Journal. vol. 8 (12).
- (2014) Feeding selectivity of Calanus finmarchicus in the Trondheimsfjord. Journal of Sea Research. vol. 85.
- (2014) Inferring time-variable effects of nutrient enrichment on marine ecosystems using inverse modelling and ecological network analysis. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 493.