Background and activities
Professor in Project Management at NTNU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Focussing Project Execution Models/Project Delivery Models.
Through his career Ole Jonny Klakegg (MSc, PhD) has alternated between teaching and research at the university, and working as a consultant in project management. This way he has built a substantial experience including theoretical and practical perspectives.
In his current position he is Professor in Project Management, primarily working with research on project execution models. This position is combined with a position as special advisor at WSP Norway.
In a previous position he was Research Director Concept Programme in the period 2004-2010. Klakegg has 28 years of experience in research, teaching and consulting within project management, including 15 years experience as manager and consultant in private sector. He has worked in several periods at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim and different consultancy companies in Norway.
He has experience from a large number of major projects in Norway in public sector and several private sector industries, including building, civil engineering, transport, health, defence and organisational development. Currently a main research interest is widening this experience into an international context.
- Governance of projects - the project as value creation process
- Project Execution Models/Project Delivery Models
- Project models and execution strategies
- Partnering, contracts and incentives
- Front-end management of projects
- Management of risk and uncertainty
- Construction management
- Process management/Facilitation of group processes
- Stakeholder management
- General project management issues (cost estimation, scheduling, quality etc.)
Ole Jonny Klakegg is program manager for the Construction program in Project Norway.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Governing value creation in construction project: a new model. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 10 (1).
- (2016) The Concept of Value for Owners and Users of Buildings- A literature study of value in different contexts. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Successive Cost Estimation – Successful Budgeting of Major Projects. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Taming the 'trolls': Major public projects in the making. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 34 (2).
- (2016) Cost Development Over-time at Construction Planning Phase: Empirical Evidence from Norwegian Construction Projects. Procedia Engineering. vol. 145.
- (2016) Challenges in Cost Estimation under Uncertainty - A Case Study of the Decommissioning of Barsebäck Nuclear Power Plant. Administrative Sciences. vol. 6 (4).
- (2016) Partnering Elements’ Importance for Success in the Norwegian Construction Industry. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2015) Evaluating Sustainability of Building Projects in Urban Planning. Procedia Economics and Finance. vol. 21.
- (2015) Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 33 (5).
- (2015) Formalising the informal? – Finding a balance between formal teams and communities of practice in a project-based organisation. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 194.
- (2015) In Pursuit of Relevance and Sustainability. Open Economics and Management Journal. vol. 2 (1).
- (2014) Measuring the Impact of Risk Factors Associated with Project Success Criteria in Early Phase. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 119.
- (2013) Value Management Beyond Earned Value. PM World Journal. vol. 2 (2).
- (2013) Project Evaluation: Accomplishments, Shortfalls and Lessons Learned; The Case of Housing Development Projects in Ethiopia. Journal of Management in Engineering. vol. 29 (3).
- (2012) Linking Policies to Projects: The Key to Identifying the Right Public Investment Projects. Project Management Journal. vol. 43 (4).
- (2012) Governance of Public Investment Projects in Ethiopia. Project Management Journal. vol. 43 (4).
- (2012) Identifying and Acting on Early Warning Signs in Complex Projects. Project Management Journal. vol. 43 (2).
- (2010) Governance of major public investment projects: in pursuit of relevance and sustainability. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 4 (1).
- (2010) An empirical illustration of public project ownership. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management. vol. 2 (1).
- (2010) Good and simple - a dilemma in analytical processes?. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 3 (3).