Background and activities
Peter Svensson has been professor at the department of electronics and telecommunications since 1999, in the acoustics group, where he presently is group leader. His research interests are room acoustics and electroacoustics, in particular computational methods and measurement techniques, but also auralization techniques (virtual acoustics), and psychoacoustics - the perception of speech and music in rooms.
Peter Svensson has an MSc in eng. phys. (1988) and a PhD in acoustics (1994) from Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg. He has had research visits at Kobe University (1997-98), Rensselaer Polytech Institute (2007), and University of Reading (2012-13). Previously he has been vice president of the European Acoustics Association (2007-13), president of the Norwegian Acoustical Society (2004-06), and board member of the Swedish Acoustical Society (1996-99).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Estimation of aircraft angular coordinates using a directional-microphone array - An experimental study. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 137 (4).
- (2015) Estimation of aircraft sound direction of arrival using directional-microphone arrays. Acta Acustica united with Acustica. vol. 101 (1).
- (2015) Analysis of Stereoscopic Images as a New Method for Daylighting Studies. ACM Transactions on Applied Perception. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) A comparison of test-retest variability and time efficiency of auditory thresholds measured with pure tone audiometry and new early warning test. Applied Acoustics. vol. 90.
- (2014) Audio quality requirements and comparison of multimodal vs. unimodal perception of impairments for long duration content. Journal of Signal Processing Systems. vol. 74 (1).
- (2014) Momentary Quality of Experience: Users’ Audio Quality Preferences Measured Under Different Presentation Conditions. Journal of The Audio Engineering Society. vol. 62 (4).
- (2014) Development and Calibration of a New Automated Method to Measure Air Conduction Auditory Thresholds Using an Active Earplug. Acta Acustica united with Acustica. vol. 100 (1).
- (2013) An integral equation formulation for the diffraction from convex plates and polyhedra. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 133 (6).
- (2013) Room acoustical conditions in coupled video conference rooms (Abstracts). Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 134.
- (2013) The diffracted field and its gradient near the edge of a thin screen. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 134 (6).
- (2013) Analytic expression to derive the image source point between two symmetrical sloping planes. Proceedings of meetings on acoustics. vol. 19.
- (2013) Influence of reflecting walls on edge diffraction simulation in geometrical acoustics. Proceedings of meetings on acoustics. vol. 19.
- (2013) Binaural effects in convolved room impulse responses (Abstracts). Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 134.
- (2013) Numerical Modeling of the Exterior-to-Interior Transmission of Impulsive Sound through Three-Dimensional, Thin-Walled Elastic Structures. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 332.
- (2013) A hybrid numerical model for the exterior-to-interior transmis- sion of impulsive sound through three-dimensional, thin-walled elastic structures (Abstracts). Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 134.
- (2013) Time-domain formulation of an edge source integral equation. Proceedings of meetings on acoustics. vol. 19.
- (2013) Influence of a Table on a Microphone's Frequency Response and Directivity. Journal of The Audio Engineering Society. vol. 61 (1-2).
- (2013) Room Acoustical Parameters in Small Rooms. Journal of The Audio Engineering Society. vol. 61 (1-2).
- (2012) Experimental and numerical study on the propagation of impulsive sound around buildings. Applied Acoustics. vol. 73 (10).
- (2012) Optimal higher order Ambisonics encoding with predefined constraints. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing. vol. 20 (3).