Background and activities
Førsteamanuensis at Regionalt kunnskapssenter for habilitering (RHAB) at RKBU Midt-Norge - Regionalt kunnskapssenter for barn og unge, NTNU: http://www.ntnu.no/rkbu/rhab
My main interest is children and adolescents with cerebral palsy (CP). I am a member of the CP research group (http://www.ntnu.no/lbk/cp), conducting research on etiology, clinical picture and comorbidity. The leader of the group is Professor Torstein Vik (http://www.ntnu.no/ansatte/torstein.vik).
My research is on postural control in children and adolescents with CP, and in October 2014 I defended the thesis entitled:
Assessment of Trunk Control in Children and Adolescents with Cerebral Palsy: A neglected perspective? (http://ntnu.diva-portal.org/smash/search.jsf?dswid=-6041)
In the work with the thesis I also focused on measurement properties of assessment tools (http://www.ntnu.no/lbk).
Community Health Services, Trondheim, Norway 1991-1998
Section of Paediatrics, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway 1999-2002
Nordre Aasen Bo- og habiliteringssenter 2002-2003
Section of Paediatrics, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway 2004-2011
Stipendiat, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children’s and Women’s Health, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway 2011-2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Bimanual Capacity of Children With Cerebral Palsy: Intra- and Interrater Reliability of a Revised Edition of the Bimanual Fine Motor Function Classification. Physical & Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics. vol. 37 (3).
- (2016) Validity and responsiveness of the trunk impairment scale and trunk control measurement scale in young individuals with cerebral palsy. Physical & Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics. vol. 36 (4).
- (2016) Outcome measures evaluating hand function in children with bilateral cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 58 (7).
- (2016) A change in temporal organization of fidgety movements during the fidgety movement period is common among high risk infants. European journal of paediatric neurology. vol. 20 (4).
- (2015) The relationship between trunk control in sitting and during gait in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 57 (4).
- (2015) Test-retest reliability of computer-based video analysis of general movements in healthy term-born infants. Early Human Development. vol. 91 (10).
- (2014) Gait characteristics in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy assessed with a trunk-worn accelerometer. Journal of Research in Developmental Disabilities. vol. 35 (7).
- (2013) Reliability and validity of the Trunk Impairment Scale in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy. Journal of Research in Developmental Disabilities. vol. 34 (7).
- (2013) Clinical tools to assess balance in children and adults with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 55 (11).
- (2012) Effectiveness of resistance training in combination with botulinum toxin-A on hand and arm use in children with cerebral palsy: a pre-post intervention study. BMC Pediatrics. vol. July / 12 (2).
- (2011) Intra- and inter-observer reliability of the Trunk Impairment Scale for children with cerebral palsy. Journal of Research in Developmental Disabilities. vol. 32 (2).
- (2014) Assessment of Trunk Control in Children and Adolescents with Cerebral Palsy. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 9788232604180.