Background and activities
nationality and origin: German and Swiss citizen, born in Essen, Germany
school education: in Essen, Germany
apprenticeship: laboratory assistant (todays company name Evonik), Essen
employment: laboratory assistant (Evonik), Institute for Emission Survey (Essen)
studies: chemistry studies at the Université de Fribourg, Switzerland,
completed with a PhD in organic synthesis and physical chemistry
(deuterated compounds for Raman Optical Activity spectroscopy)
post-doc: chemistry department NTNU Trondheim, specializing in carotenoids
employment: research scientist at a new started chemical company in Trondheim
associate professor at the Chemistry Department with varied short term
contracts for nearly 5 years
school teacher in chemistry, Steinerskolen Trondheim
consultant and adviser at the former Faculty of Mathematics and
Natural Science, setting up the International Section of the Faculty,
followed by working at the International Office NTNU, principally as
credential evaluator for PhD-admission
researcher: during all administrative employments affiliated to the
Department of Chemistry as guest researcher, co-supervisor for
numerous master students and PhD candidates.
lastly back to full scientific activities at the Department of Chemistry,
special adviser (part time) at the International Office NTNU
communication: German, French, English, Norwegian, Greek, Dutch
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Exploring the reactivity of retinol radical cation toward organic and biological molecules: A laser flash photolysis study. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 170.
- (2017) Surface properties of polyene glycol phospholipid monolayers. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. vol. 202.
- (2015) Polyene-based cationic lipids as visually traceable siRNA transfer reagents. European journal of pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics. vol. 89.
- (2015) Ultrafast dynamics of long homologs of carotenoid Zeaxanthin. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 119 (46).
- (2014) Cationic polyene phospholipids as DNA carriers for ocular gene therapy. BioMed Research International. vol. 2014.
- (2014) Novel cationic polyene glycol phospholipids as DNA transfer reagents - Lack of a structure-activity relationship due to uncontrolled self-assembling processes. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. vol. 183.
- (2013) Energy and electron transfer of polyenic acids with variable chain lengths. Tetrahedron. vol. 69 (1).
- (2013) Synthesis, self-assembling and gene delivery potential of a novel highly unsaturated, conjugated cationic phospholipid. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. vol. 170-171.
- (2012) Impact of Novel Biologically Active Chromophores on Common Bioassays. Molecular Therapy. vol. 20.
- (2012) Novel carotenoid lipid vectors for ocular gene therapy. Human Gene Therapy. vol. 23 (10).
- (2012) Novel cationic carotenoid lipids as delivery vectors of antisense oligonucleotides for exon skipping in duchenne muscular dystrophy. Molecules. vol. 17 (2).
- (2012) Synthesis and preliminary investigations of the siRNA delivery potential of novel, single-chain rigid cationic carotenoid lipids. Molecules. vol. 17 (3).
- (2012) Thiocarbonyl polyenes : monomers, trimmers and thiopyrans. Tetrahedron Letters. vol. 53 (50).
- (2012) Key to xenobiotic carotenoids. Molecules. vol. 17 (3).
- (2012) Superlative carotenoids. Acta Biochimica Polonica. vol. 59 (1).
- (2012) Electron uptake by classical electron donators: astaxanthin and carotenoid aldehydes. Tetrahedron Letters. vol. 53 (34).
- (2012) The longest polyene. Organic Letters. vol. 14 (21).
- (2010) Synthesis of a Highly Unsaturated, Stable Hydroxy Peroxide: A Yellow [lrarr2] Blue Color-Changing Carotenoid Oxidation Product with Leuco Dye Properties. European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- (2010) Facile Electron Uptake by Carotenoids Under Mild, Non-Radiative Conditions: Formation of Carotenoid Anions. European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- (2010) New Colours for Carotenoids - Synthesis of Pyran Polyenes. European Journal of Organic Chemistry.