Background and activities
I received my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Mannheim, Germany. Then I was a Marie Curie Postdoctoral Researcher in the School of Computing, Dublin City University (DCU), Dublin, Ireland. In 2009, I became a Postdoctoral Researcher at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway, and was supported by an Alain Bensoussan fellowship from the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM). Currently, I am employed as Associate Professor at NTNU doing research and teaching. My research interests include mathematical and applied problems that arise in the field of computer vision with particular focus in mathematical optimization and convex programming, statistical object and pattern recognition, symmetry detection, segmentation, classification, and 3-D reconstruction methods.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Post-processing and visualization techniques for isogeometric analysis results. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 316.
- (2012) A Convex Relaxation Bound for Subgraph Isomorphism. International Journal of Combinatorics.
- (2012) An Optical Flow-Based Method to Predict Infantile Cerebral Palsy. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering. vol. 20 (4).
- (2007) Evaluation of a convex relaxation approach to the quadratic assignment of relational object views. Image and Vision Computing. vol. 25 (8).
- (2003) Binary Partitioning, Perceptual Grouping, and Restoration with Semidefinite Programming. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. vol. 25 (11).
- (2003) Subgraph Matching with Semidefinite Programming. Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics. vol. 12.
- (2001) Convex Relaxations for Binary Image Partitioning and Perceptual Grouping. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 2191.
- (2001) Image Labeling and Grouping by Minimizing Linear Functionals over Cones. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2001) Evaluation of Convex Optimization Techniques for the Weighted Graph-Matching Problem in Computer Vision. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 2191.
- (2000) Diffusion-snakes using statistical shape knowledge. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2000) Learning Translation Invariant Shape Knowledge for Steering Diffusion-Snakes. The journal of artificial intelligence research. vol. 9.
- (2007) A Bound for Non-subgraph Isomorphism. Springer. 2007. ISBN 978-3-540-72903-7. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (XII).
- (2005) Probabilistic Subgraph Matching Based on Convex Relaxation. Springer. 2005. ISBN 978-3-540-32098-2. LNCSE series (Proc. of EMMCVPR).
- (2002) Unsupervised Image Partitioning with Semidefinite Programming. Springer. 2002. ISBN 978-3-540-45783-1. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (XVI).
- (2013) FP7-ICT D3.1 State-of-the-art Report on Deterioration Simulation; Deliverable Workpackage 3. 2013.
- (2005) Convex Mathematical Programs for Relational Matching of Object Views. 2005.
- (2002) Binary partitioning, perceptual grouping, and restoration with semidefinite programming. 2002. Technical Report 5/2002 (5).
- (2002) Performance evaluation of a convex relaxation ap- proach to the quadratic assignment of relational object views. 2002. Technical Report 2 (2).
- (2002) Subgraph matching with semidefinite programming. 2002. Technical Report 5/2002 (12).
- (1996) Kriterien für quantenmechanische integrabilität. 1996.