Background and activities
I'm doing research in the field of artificial intelligence (AI), focusing on methods for automatic knowledge acquisition from text and reusing this knowledge in a problem solving context. This involves development and application of natural language processing (NLP) techniques from information extraction (IE) and information retrieval (IR) as well as adapting knowledge representation and reasoning ideas and concepts from case-based reasoning (CBR) and classical AI approaches.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Compositional adaptation of explanations in textual case-based reasoning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9969 LNAI.
- (2015) Evidence-driven retrieval in textual CBR: Bridging the gap between retrieval and reuse. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9343.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Towards Text Mining in Climate Science: Extraction of Quantitative Variables and their Relations. Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC'14).
- (2014) Acquisition and Reuse of Reasoning Knowledge from Textual Cases for Automated Analysis. Case-based reasoning research and development.
- (2013) NTNU-CORE: Combining strong features for semantic similarity. Second Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM), Volume 1: Proceedings of the Main Conference and the Shared Task: Semantic Textual Similarity.
- (2013) Automatic Extraction of Reasoning Chains from Textual Reports. Graph-Based Methods for Natural Language Processing, Proceedings of the TextGraph-8 Workshop at Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing 2013.
- (2013) Query-Focused Association Rule Mining for Information Retrieval. Twelfth Scandinavian Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- (2012) Product-Aware advertising. Proceedings from 6th Euro American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems (EATIS).
- (2012) Mining of Association Relations in Text. Norsk informatikkonferanse NIK 2012; Universitetet i Nordland 19 – 21 november 2012.
- (2011) Improving Trust in Travel Recommendations Using a Conversational Textual CBR Framework, Tapir academic press, , pp. 15-28, 2011. Proceedings of the India-Norway Workshop on Web Concepts and Technologies 2011.
- (2011) Content Relations Mining: A Novel Approach to Textual Case-Based Reasoning. Proceedings of the ICCBR 2011 Workshops.
- (2011) Evaluation Methods for Textual Case-Based Reasoning. Proceedings of the India-Norway Workshop on Web Concepts and Technologies 2011.
- (2010) The Use of Game Theory in Feature Selection. Proceedings of the second Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Symposium : November 22, 2010 Høgskolen i Gjøvik.
- (2017) Automating Problem Analysis Using Knowledge Extracted from Text. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2260-3. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (94).