Background and activities
Professor 2003. contractor,research inst, Laval Univ. Canada. Fresh concrete, porestructure, transport,frost. Princeton Univ 2012-2013
Sabbatical 2012-2013 at Princeton:
MSc/PhD Civil Engineering, Concrete Materials, Norwegian Institute of Technology 1986/1995, MSc: “Abrasion on High Strength Concrete”/PhD: “Cracking and scaling of concrete in wet freeze/thaw”
(2003-2005) Professor, Narvik College (http://www.hin.no/index.php?ID=5397 ) and 20 % researcher at Northern Research Institute http://www.norut.no/narvik_en//Norut-Narvik : Teaching Building materials and Building technology in Cold Climate, work included EU-Interreg funded project with Arkhangelsk State Technical University on Building technology in cold climate
(1999-2003) Contractor PEAB, Oslo (http://www.peab.com/) Quality and HES incl. concrete procurement, R&D, last year Head HES reporting to managing director of the Norwegian subsidiary
(1988-1999) Researcher Norwegian Building Research Institute, Oslo, Research assignments for companies, Norwegian Research Council, EU etc on concrete materials, incl.3 year PhD-leave, and,
(1994-1995) 1 year research visit Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) CONCRETE-ICE ABRASION MECHANICS. Cement and Concrete Research.
- (2014) Filler from crushed aggregate for concrete: pore structure, specific surface, particle shape and size distribution. Cement & Concrete Composites. volum 54.
- (2014) Aerogel-Incorporated Concrete: An Experimental Study. Construction and Building Materials. volum 52.
- (2014) Measuring sedimentation and bleeding of fresh paste with hydrostatic pressure. Nordic Concrete Research. volum 49.
- (2014) Model and test methods for stability of fresh cement paste. Advances in Civil Engineering Materials. volum 3 (2).
- (2013) Analytical and experimental study on thermal conductivity of hardened cement pastes. Materials and Structures. volum 46 (9).
- (2013) Visualizing and simulating flow conditions in concrete form filling using pigments. Construction and Building Materials. volum 49.
- (2013) Sample preparation technique on interfacial transition zone of steel fiber reinforced mortar. Concrete Research Letters. volum 4 (4).
- (2013) Influence of water/cement ratio, admixtures and filler on sedimentation and bleeding of cement paste. Cement and Concrete Research. volum 54.
- (2012) Effect of internal hydrophobation, silica fume and w/c on compressive strength of hardened cement pastes. World Journal of Engineering. volum 9 (1).
- (2011) Study of interfacial microstructure, fracture energy, compressive energy and debonding load of steel fiber-reinforced mortar. Materials and Structures. volum 44 (8).
- (2010) Flow of SCC along Surfaces. RILEM Bookseries. volum 1.
- (2010) Sample preparation, image acquisition and image analysis on interfacial transition zone of steel fiber-reinforced mortar. Nordic Concrete Research. volum 41 (1).
- (2010) Interfacial properties of steel fibre at mortars with different water and binder ratios: Backscattered electron image analysis and nanoindentation testing. Nordic Concrete Research.
- (2010) Mix design and the effect of silica fume and steel fiber on rheological and mechanical properties of mortars. Nordic Concrete Research. volum 41 (1).
- (2010) Capillary suction in concrete with analytical pipe model - part 1: numerical study of flow conditions. Nordic Concrete Research.
- (2010) Capillary suction in concrete with analytical pipe model - part 2: expansion-, contraction- and random sized sections compared with experiments. Nordic Concrete Research.
- (2010) Time dependant surface heat transfer in light weight aggregate cement based materials. Engineering. volum 2 (5).
- (2010) Effect of silica fume, steel fiber and ITZ on the strength and fracture behavior of mortar. Materials and Structures. volum 43 (1-2).
- (2009) Flow conditions of fresh mortar and concrete in different pipes. Cement and Concrete Research. volum 39 (11).