Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Sabbatical 2012-2013 at Princeton:
MSc/PhD Civil Engineering, Concrete Materials, Norwegian Institute of Technology 1986/1995, MSc: “Abrasion on High Strength Concrete”/PhD: “Cracking and scaling of concrete in wet freeze/thaw”
(2003-2005) Professor, Narvik College (http://www.hin.no/index.php?ID=5397 ) and 20 % researcher at Northern Research Institute http://www.norut.no/narvik_en//Norut-Narvik : Teaching Building materials and Building technology in Cold Climate, work included EU-Interreg funded project with Arkhangelsk State Technical University on Building technology in cold climate
(1999-2003) Contractor PEAB, Oslo (http://www.peab.com/) Quality and HES incl. concrete procurement, R&D, last year Head HES reporting to managing director of the Norwegian subsidiary
(1988-1999) Researcher Norwegian Building Research Institute, Oslo, Research assignments for companies, Norwegian Research Council, EU etc on concrete materials, incl.3 year PhD-leave, and,
(1994-1995) 1 year research visit Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Analytical and experimental study on thermal conductivity of hardened cement paste. Materials and Structures. 2013
- (2012) Effect of internal hydrophobation, silica fume and w/c on compressive strength of hardened cement pastes. World Journal of Engineering. 2012; volum 9 (1).
- (2011) Study of interfacial microstructure, fracture energy, compressive energy and debonding load of steel fiber-reinforced mortar. Materials and Structures. 2011; volum 44 (8).
- (2010) Flow of SCC along Surfaces. RILEM Bookseries. 2010; volum 1.
- (2010) Sample preparation, image acquisition and image analysis on interfacial transition zone of steel fiber-reinforced mortar. Nordic Concrete Research. 2010; volum 41 (1).
- (2010) Interfacial properties of steel fibre at mortars with different water and binder ratios: Backscattered electron image analysis and nanoindentation testing. Nordic Concrete Research. 2010
- (2010) Mix design and the effect of silica fume and steel fiber on rheological and mechanical properties of mortars. Nordic Concrete Research. 2010; volum 41 (1).
- (2010) Capillary suction in concrete with analytical pipe model - part 1: numerical study of flow conditions. Nordic Concrete Research. 2010
- (2010) Capillary suction in concrete with analytical pipe model - part 2: expansion-, contraction- and random sized sections compared with experiments. Nordic Concrete Research. 2010
- (2010) Time dependant surface heat transfer in light weight aggregate cement based materials. Engineering. 2010; volum 2 (5).
- (2010) Effect of silica fume, steel fiber and ITZ on the strength and fracture behavior of mortar. Materials and Structures. 2010; volum 43 (1-2).
- (2009) Flow conditions of fresh mortar and concrete in different pipes. Cement and Concrete Research. 2009; volum 39 (11).
- (2009) Betre betong - ein ny metode gjer det muleg å sjå dei svake punkta i stålfiberarmert betong. Gemini. 2009
- (2009) Application of nanoindentation testing to study of the interfacial transition zone in steel fiber reinforced mortar. Cement and Concrete Research. 2009; volum 39 (8).
- (2008) Aggregate packing and -void saturation in mortar and concrete proportioning. Materials and Structures. 2008; volum 41 (4).
- (2008) Ice abrasion data on concrete structures - overview. Nordic Concrete Research. 2008
- (2008) Probabilistic service life modelling of ice abrasion on concrete structures. Nordic Concrete Research. 2008
- (2005) Calculating liquid transport into High Performance Concrete during wet freeze/thaw. Cement and Concrete Research. 2005; volum 35.
- (2005) Calculating liquid transport into high-performance concrete during wet freeze/thaw. Cement and Concrete Research. 2005; volum 35.
- (2005) Production of Concrete Structure with recycled materials. Nordic Concrete Research. 2005; volum 1.