Postal addressDepartment of Structural Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Professor 2003. contractor,research inst, Laval Univ. Canada. Fresh concrete, porestructure, transport,frost. Princeton Univ 2012-2013
Sabbatical 2012-2013 at Princeton:
MSc/PhD Civil Engineering, Concrete Materials, Norwegian Institute of Technology 1986/1995, MSc: “Abrasion on High Strength Concrete”/PhD: “Cracking and scaling of concrete in wet freeze/thaw”
(2003-2005) Professor, Narvik College (http://www.hin.no/index.php?ID=5397 ) and 20 % researcher at Northern Research Institute http://www.norut.no/narvik_en//Norut-Narvik : Teaching Building materials and Building technology in Cold Climate, work included EU-Interreg funded project with Arkhangelsk State Technical University on Building technology in cold climate
(1999-2003) Contractor PEAB, Oslo (http://www.peab.com/) Quality and HES incl. concrete procurement, R&D, last year Head HES reporting to managing director of the Norwegian subsidiary
(1988-1999) Researcher Norwegian Building Research Institute, Oslo, Research assignments for companies, Norwegian Research Council, EU etc on concrete materials, incl.3 year PhD-leave, and,
(1994-1995) 1 year research visit Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Filler from crushed aggregate for concrete: pore structure, specific surface, particle shape and size distribution. Cement & Concrete Composites.
- (2014) Aerogel-Incorporated Concrete: An Experimental Study. Construction and Building Materials. volum 52.
- (2014) Model and test methods for stability of fresh cement paste. Advances in Civil Engineering Materials. volum 3 (2).
- (2013) Analytical and experimental study on thermal conductivity of hardened cement pastes. Materials and Structures. volum 46 (9).
- (2013) Visualizing and simulating flow conditions in concrete form filling using pigments. Construction and Building Materials. volum 49.
- (2013) Sample preparation technique on interfacial transition zone of steel fiber reinforced mortar. Concrete Research Letters. volum 4 (4).
- (2013) Influence of water/cement ratio, admixtures and filler on sedimentation and bleeding of cement paste. Cement and Concrete Research. volum 54.
- (2012) Effect of internal hydrophobation, silica fume and w/c on compressive strength of hardened cement pastes. World Journal of Engineering. volum 9 (1).
- (2011) Study of interfacial microstructure, fracture energy, compressive energy and debonding load of steel fiber-reinforced mortar. Materials and Structures. volum 44 (8).
- (2010) Flow of SCC along Surfaces. RILEM Bookseries. volum 1.
- (2010) Sample preparation, image acquisition and image analysis on interfacial transition zone of steel fiber-reinforced mortar. Nordic Concrete Research. volum 41 (1).
- (2010) Interfacial properties of steel fibre at mortars with different water and binder ratios: Backscattered electron image analysis and nanoindentation testing. Nordic Concrete Research.
- (2010) Mix design and the effect of silica fume and steel fiber on rheological and mechanical properties of mortars. Nordic Concrete Research. volum 41 (1).
- (2010) Capillary suction in concrete with analytical pipe model - part 1: numerical study of flow conditions. Nordic Concrete Research.
- (2010) Capillary suction in concrete with analytical pipe model - part 2: expansion-, contraction- and random sized sections compared with experiments. Nordic Concrete Research.
- (2010) Time dependant surface heat transfer in light weight aggregate cement based materials. Engineering. volum 2 (5).
- (2010) Effect of silica fume, steel fiber and ITZ on the strength and fracture behavior of mortar. Materials and Structures. volum 43 (1-2).
- (2009) Flow conditions of fresh mortar and concrete in different pipes. Cement and Concrete Research. volum 39 (11).
- (2009) Application of nanoindentation testing to study of the interfacial transition zone in steel fiber reinforced mortar. Cement and Concrete Research. volum 39 (8).
- (2008) Aggregate packing and -void saturation in mortar and concrete proportioning. Materials and Structures. volum 41 (4).