Background and activities
Svein Gladsø is a professor and Vice Dean for Education at the Faculty of Humanities
- "Performing arts between dilettantism and professionalism. Music, theatre and dance in the Norwegian public sphere 1770–1850". A study of the professionalization of theater, dance and music in Norway in the decades around 1800. Together with Randi M. Selvik, Anne Margrethe Fiskvik and Annabella Skagen (all NTNU) and Ellen Gjervan and Elisabeth Svarstad.
- "Konservativen" in Halden. A study of the oldest theater building with a goal of rehabilitation - see link Konservativen Examination of the building history and the relationship with club and banquet of the organization around 1800. Cooperation with local companies and university research fellow Annabella Skagen, NTNU.
- Commented publication of a draft from ca. 1880 for a Trondheim history of music and theatre written by Johan Leberecht Hornemann (1846-1928).
Theatre history, theatre historiography, the history of theatre studies, dramaturgy, theatre and cultural politics
Bachelor: Performance analysis, Norwegian theater / theater politics, dramaturgy
Master: Theory and methodology of theatre studies, dramaturgy
Offices / Mission
- Head of the Board of the Association Nordic Theatre Scholars 2009-2011
- Academic Adviser at the Department of Art and Media Studies
- External examiner for the Department of Linguistic, Literary and Aesthetic Studies, Section for Theatre Studies, University of Bergen (2006 -)
- Chairman of the HF-faculty study group for the five-year teacher education in the arts
- Head of national specialists in drama and theater studies (2005-2007)
- Section leader of drama / theater for several periods, most recently in 2009
- Member of NTNU's working group for the learning environment survey in 2009