Background and activities
Sveinungs homepageProfessor Water and Wastewater systems at Institute for Water and Environment, NTNU, born 1951.
Teaches subjects "Urban Water Systems" and "Water and Wastewater Systems Specialisation"
Mentor for students at project works and master thesis
Previously senior researcher and research manager at SINTEF
Participates with initiation and implementation of research projects, i.e. EU programs. Manager of EU projects CARE-W and CARE-S and EU network CityNet, plus researcher exchange program SafeWater (Marie Curie). Work area leader EU IP project TECHNEAU (safe drinking water from source to tap) and central in development of EU IP project PREPARED (meeting impact of climate change with existing urban water systems). Now participant i development of new initiatives within urban water/energy nexus.
Board member European Water Supply and Sanitation Technology Platform (WSSTP) 2006-2008, and initiator and leader of Norwegian branch of platform. Member of International Water Association (IWA) network "Leading Edge Sustainable Asset Management" (LESAM)
Board member Breivoll Inspection Technology (Pipe Scanner)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Urban water system metabolism assessment using WaterMet2 model. Procedia Engineering. vol. 70.
- (2014) WaterMet2: a tool for integrated analysis of sustainability-based performance of urban water systems. Drinking Water Engineering and Science (DWES). vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) Dynamic metabolism modeling of urban water services - demonstrating effectiveness as a decision-support tool for Oslo, Norway. Water Research. vol. 61.
- (2012) Flomfrekvensanalyse og flomvannlinjeberegninger for byvassdrag. Vann. vol. 47 (1).
- (2011) Adaptation of Norway's water supply and sanitation systems to cope with climate change. Water asset management international. vol. 7 (3).
- (2010) Asset Management for Urban Wastewater Pipeline Networks. Journal of Infrastructure Systems. vol. 16 (2).
- (2010) Historical analysis of blockages in wastewater pipelines in Oslo and diagnosis of causative pipeline characteristics. Urban Water Journal. vol. 7 (6).
- (2009) Statistical analysis and definition of blockages-prediction formulae for the wastewater network of Oslo by evolutionary computing. Water Science and Technology. vol. 59 (8).
- (2008) Importance of investment decisions and rehabilitation approaches in an ageing wastewater pipeline network. A case study of Oslo (Norway). Water Science and Technology. vol. 58 (12).
- (2005) The hydraulic capacity of deteriorating sewer systems. Water Science and Technology. vol. 52.
- (1999) Improved interception of combined sewage in the Trondheim-Høvringen wastewater system. Water Science and Technology. vol. 39 (2).
- (2005) Computer Aided Rehabilitation of Water Networks. IWA Publishing. 2005. ISBN 1843390914.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Sustainability risk based assessment of the integrated urban water system: a case study of Oslo. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Hydroinformatics (HIC) 2014, New York, USA.
- (2012) Modelling Climate Change and Urbanization Impacts on Urban Stormwater and Adaptation Capacity. Urban Drainage Modelling : extended abstracts of the Ninth International Conference on Urban Drainage Modelling, Belgrade, 4-6 September 2012.
- (2008) Veiledning i overvannshåndtering og planlegging for klimaendringer. 2008. ISBN 9788241402982.
- (2008) Veiledning i klimatilpasset ovwervannshåndtering. 2008. ISBN 978-82-414-0298-2. Norsk Vann Rapport (162-2008).
- (2005) Veiledning i overvannshåndtering. 2005. ISBN 8241402686.
- (2000) Modell for tid til brudd og gjennomtæring for ledninger av støpejern. 2000. ISBN 82-14-01373-9.
- (1998) MODELL FOR TID TIL BRUDD OG GJENNOMTÆRING FOR LEDNINGER AV STØPEJERN. 1998. SINTEF Rapport (STF22 A).
- (1996) Modell for bruddberegning støpejernsledninger. 1996. SINTEF Rapport (STF22 A).