Background and activities
Departmental Group Leader (Anatomy, Pathology and Forensic Medicine) at Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children’s and Women’s Health.
Head of studies in pathology at Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Consultant Neuropathologist at Department of Pathology and Medical Genetics, St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital.
Main field of research
Biomarkers in brain tumours (gliomas and meningiomas).
Anatomy (including neuroanatomy), histology, general and systemic pathology (including neuropathology).
Nominated to Best Teacher Award at Faculty of Medicine, NTNU, 2005 and 2016.
Received the Best Teacher Award at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU in 2006.
In 2007 the Department of Morphology (six professors) received the SINTEF prize by NTNU for excellent teaching for its course in general pathology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Expression of internal and external domains of EGFR in human meningiomas. Clinical Neuropathology. vol. 34 (3).
- (2015) The frequencies of histopathological features in human glioblastomas - a descriptive study. Clinical Neuropathology. vol. 34 (3).
- (2015) Expression of CCL20 and its corresponding receptor CCR6 is enhanced in active inflammatory bowel disease, and TLR3 mediates CCL20 expression in colonic epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0141710 (11).
- (2015) Mitosin and survivin in grade II and III astrocytomas. Clinical Neuropathology. vol. 34 (3).
- (2015) Mitosin and pHH3 predict poorer survival in astrocytomas WHO grades II and III. Journal of Clinical Pathology.
- (2015) Nanoparticle delivery to the brain - By focused ultrasound and self-assembled nanoparticle-stabilized microbubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 220.
- (2014) Immunohistochemical characterization of brain-invasive meningiomas. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Pathology. vol. 7 (10).
- (2014) Histopathology and prognosis in human meningiomas. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 122 (9).
- (2014) Animal study assessing safety of an acoustic coupling fluid that holds the potential to avoid surgically induced artifacts in 3D ultrasound guided operations. BMC Medical Imaging. vol. 14 (11).
- (2014) Surgical strategies in low-grade gliomas and implications for long-term quality of life. Journal of clinical neuroscience. vol. 21 (8).
- (2014) Ki-67/MIB-1 immunostaining in human meningiomas. Virchows Archiv. vol. 465.
- (2014) Ki-67/MIB-1 immunostaining in a cohort of human gliomas. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Pathology. vol. 7 (12).
- (2014) The diagnostic properties of frozen sections in suspected intracranial tumors: A study of 578 consecutive cases. Surgical neurology international. vol. 5 (146153).
- (2014) The use of Ki-67/MIB-1 immunostaining in human gliomas. Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology. vol. 40.
- (2014) Prognostic, or not, that is the question: DNA Topoisomerase II alpha in WHO grade II astrocytomas. Virchows Archiv. vol. 465.
- (2014) Mucosal toll-like receptor 3-dependent synthesis of complement factor B and systemic complement activation in inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) Prognostic value of the minichromosome maintenance protein 2 (Mcm2) in grade II astrocytomas - an immunohistochemical study. Clinical Neuropathology. vol. 32 (3).
- (2013) Whole Genome Gene Expression Meta-Analysis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Colon Mucosa Demonstrates Lack of Major Differences between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (2).
- (2013) REG gene expression in inflamed and healthy colon mucosa explored by in situ hybridisation. Cell and Tissue Research. vol. 352 (3).
- (2013) Simulated dive in rats lead to acute changes in cerebral blood flow on MRI, but no cerebral injuries to grey or white matter. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).