Department of Engineering Cybernetics
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Thor I. Fossen
Professor of guidance, navigation and control, AMOS Co-director
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
My research fields include mathematical modeling and simulation of aircraft, marine craft, unmanned vehicles, guidance, navigation and control systems.
Keywords do not appear, because the source is not available for the moment.
- TTK 4190 Guidance and Control of Vehicles (MSc course)
- TK 8109 Advanced Topics in Guidance and Navigation (PhD course)
- Arch T. Colwell Merit Award i 2008 at the SAE World Congress for Nonlinear Observer for Vehicle Velocity Estimation co-authored by L. Imsland, T. A. Johansen, J. C. Kalkkuhl and A. Suissa.
- Automatica Paper Prize i 2002 for Nonlinear Passive Weather Optimal Positioning Control (WOPC) System for Ships and Rigs: Experimental Results, Automatica, vol. 37, 2001, pages 701-715 co-authored by Dr. Jann Peter Strand.
- ExxonMobil award to PhD students in 2000, 2003 og 2005 for best PhD-thesis at NTNU