Background and activities
Tor Arne Johansen is a professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He has a MSc (1989) and a PhD (1994) in Engineering Cybernetics from NTNU.
Professor Johansen is also a key scientist at the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS).
See: http://folk.ntnu.no/torarnj/ for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Nonlinear Observers for Integrated INS/GNSS Navigation – Implementation Aspects. Control Systems Magazine. vol. 37 (3).
- (2017) Nonlinear observer design for GNSS-aided inertial navigation systems with time-delayed GNSS measurements. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 60.
- (2017) The eXogenous Kalman Filter (XKF). International Journal of Control. vol. 90 (2).
- (2017) Nonlinear Observer for Tightly Integrated Inertial Navigation Aided by Pseudo-Range Measurements. Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement, and Control. vol. 139 (1).
- (2017) Validation of Nonlinear Integrated Navigation Solutions. Annual Reviews in Control. vol. 43.
- (2017) Approaches to Economic Energy Management in Diesel-Electric Marine Vessels. IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification. vol. 3 (1).
- (2017) Hydroacoustically Aided Inertial Navigation for Joint Position and Attitude Estimation in Absence of Magnetic Field Measurements. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 37 (1).
- (2017) Globally Exponentially Stable Aided Inertial Navigation with hydroacoustic Measurements from A Single Transponder. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 37 (1).
- (2017) Towards Safer, Smarter and Greener Ships Using Hybrid Marine Power Plants. IEEE Electrification Magazine. vol. Sept.
- (2017) Accurate position estimation methods based on electrical impedance tomography measurements. Measurement science and technology. vol. 28 (8).
- (2016) On Degeneracy in Exploration of Combinatorial Tree in Multi-Parametric Quadratic Programming,. I E E E Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.
- (2016) A Nonlinear Model-Based Wind Velocity Observer for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (18).
- (2016) Attitude and Heave Estimation for Ships using MEMS-based Inertial Measurements. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Battery power smoothing control in a marine electric power plant using nonlinear model predictive control. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. PP (99).
- (2016) Dynamic Safety Constraints by Scenario Based Economic Model Predictive Control of Marine Electric Power Plants. IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification.
- (2016) Dynamic consequence analysis of marine electric power plant in dynamic positioning. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 57.
- (2016) Distributed Nonlinear Model Predictive Control by Sequential Linearization and Accelerated Gradient Method. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2016) Motion- and Communication-Planning of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Delay Tolerant Network using Mixed-Integer Linear Programming. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 37 (2).
- (2016) Asymptotic stability of perturbation-based extremum-seeking control for nonlinear plants. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. vol. PP (99).
- (2016) Three-axis motion compensated crane head control. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).