Background and activities
Tor Grande was appointed Vice Dean for Research and Innovation at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology on August 1, 2013.
He is a professor in materials chemstry/science at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, since 1997 and was associate professor at the Department of inorganic chemistry 1994-1997 (NTH/NTNU). He has been a visiting scientist at NIRIM(NIMS) in Japan and University of Rennes and been on sabbatical leave at Northwestern University and EPFL.
Tor Grande (born 1963) has an MSc in Chemistry from NTH (1987) and a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry from NTH (1992).
He is author/co-author of about 220 publications in international journals with referee. He has been the supervisor for 22 PhD candidates and 12 postdocs.
- Solid state chemistry/materials of ferroic materials and solid state ionics.
- Materials synthesis by aqueous chemistry and ceramic processing
- Thermodynamics of materials.
- Phase transitions and phase diagrams.
- Cation transport in oxides
- Deputy Head, Dep. Mater. Sci. Eng., 2002 - 2005
- Department Head, Dep. Mater. Sci. Eng. 2005-2009
- Board member, NTNU NanoLab, 2004 - 2009
- Board member, The Norwegian Research Centre for Solar Cell Technology, 2009 - 2011
- Board member, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, NTNU, 2009 -2013
- Chairman of the Board, CerPoTech AS, 2009
- Chairman of Electroceramics XII, Trondheim Norway, 2010.
- Board member, The VISTA foundation
- Member, The Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity in Research – Norway
- Board member, Research program BALANSE, Norwegian Research Council
- Board member, SINTEF
- Borad member iCSI - industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation
- Norwegian Technical Science Research Council (NTNF), PhD scholarship, 1989 - 1992.
- Norwegian Technical Science Research Council (NTNF), Post doc scholarship, 1993.
- The Foundation of the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, Science Award, 1995.
- Japan Science and Technology Agency fellowship, Japan, 1996.
- Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences, 1999.
- Elected member, The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, 2005.
- The Gender Equality Award at NTNU, 2009.
- Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters, 2011.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) White light emitting silicon nano-crystals-polymeric hybrid films prepared by single batch solution based method. Thin Solid Films. vol. 603.
- (2016) Effect of A-Site Cation Ordering on Chemical Stability, Oxygen Stoichiometry and Electrical Conductivity in Layered LaBaCo2O5+d Double Perovskite. Materials. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) A Thermodynamic Assessment of the Chemical Durability of Refractory Lining in Anode Baking Furnaces. ICSOBA.
- (2016) A van der Waals Density Functional Study of MoO3 and Its Oxygen Vacancies. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 120 (16).
- (2016) Assessment of the Thermodynamic Stability of Thermal Insulating Materials in Aluminium Electrolysis Cells. ICSOBA.
- (2016) Origin of ferroelectric polarization in tetragonal tungsten-bronze-type oxides. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 93 (18).
- (2016) Surface Diffusion of Oxygen Transport Membrane Materials Studied by Grain-Boundary Grooving. Journal of The American Ceramic Society.
- (2016) Effect of CO2 Exposure on the Chemical Stability and Mechanical Properties of BaZrO3‐Ceramics. Journal of The American Ceramic Society.
- (2016) Role of Pitting in the Formation of Potholes in Carbon Cathodes - A Review. ICSOBA. vol. 41 (45).
- (2016) Luminescent Eu3+-doped NaLa(WO4)(MoO4) and Ba2CaMoO6 prepared by the modified Pechini method. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 77.
- (2016) Compositional dependence of the crystal symmetry of Eu<sup>3+</sup>-doped (Sr<sub>x</sub>Ba<sub>1-x</sub>)<sub>2</sub>CaW<sub>y</sub>Mo<sub>1-y</sub>O<sub>6</sub> phosphors. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. vol. 233.
- (2016) Electrical conductivity and ferroelastic properties of Ti-substituted solid solutions (1 - x) BiFeO<sub>3</sub> - x Bi<sub>0.5</sub>K<sub>0.5</sub>TiO<sub>3</sub>. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 36 (3).
- (2016) Cathode Wear in Electrowinning of Aluminum Investigated by a Laboratory Test Cell. Light Metals.
- (2016) Crystal structure, thermal expansion and electrical conductivity of LaCo<sub>: X</sub>Ni<sub>y</sub>Mo<sub>z</sub>O<sub>3</sub>. Dalton Transactions. vol. 45 (39).
- (2015) Aqueous tape casting and mechanical properties of La2NiO4 dense membranes. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 35 (1).
- (2015) Thermal evolution of the crystal structure of proton conducting BaCe0.8Y0.2O3-δ from high-resolution neutron diffraction in dry and humid atmosphere. Dalton Transactions. vol. 44 (23).
- (2015) Sintering of sub-micron K0.5Na0.5NbO3 powders fabricated by spray pyrolysis. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 35 (5).
- (2015) In-situ structural investigations of ferroelasticity in soft and hard rhombohedral and tetragonal PZT. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 118 (16).
- (2015) On the energetics of cation ordering in tungsten-bronze-type oxides. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 17 (45).
- (2015) High temperature X-ray diffraction and thermo-gravimetrical analysis of the cubic perovskite Ba0.5Sr0.5Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ under different atmospheres. Dalton Transactions. vol. 44 (23).