Background and activities
Tor Grande was appointed Vice Dean for Research at the Faculty of Natural Sciences on August 1, 2013.
He is a professor in materials chemstry/science at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, since 1997 and was associate professor at the Department of inorganic chemistry 1994-1997 (NTH/NTNU). He has been a visiting scientist at NIRIM(NIMS) in Japan and University of Rennes and been on sabbatical leave at Northwestern University and EPFL.
Tor Grande (born 1963) has an MSc in Chemistry from NTH (1987) and a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry from NTH (1992).
He is author/co-author of about 230 publications in international journals with referee. He has been the supervisor for 24 PhD candidates and 12 postdocs.
- Solid state chemistry/materials of ferroic materials and solid state ionics.
- Materials synthesis by aqueous chemistry and ceramic processing
- Thermodynamics of materials.
- Phase transitions and phase diagrams.
- Cation transport in oxides
- Deputy Head, Dep. Mater. Sci. Eng., 2002 - 2005
- Department Head, Dep. Mater. Sci. Eng. 2005-2009
- Board member, NTNU NanoLab, 2004 - 2009
- Board member, The Norwegian Research Centre for Solar Cell Technology, 2009 - 2011
- Board member, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, NTNU, 2009 -2013
- Board member, CerPoTech AS, (chairman 2009-2017)
- Chairman of Electroceramics XII, Trondheim Norway, 2010.
- Board member, The VISTA foundation
- Member, The Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity in Research – Norway
- Board member, Research program BALANSE, Norwegian Research Council
- Board member, SINTEF
- Borad member iCSI - industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation
- Norwegian Technical Science Research Council (NTNF), PhD scholarship, 1989 - 1992.
- Norwegian Technical Science Research Council (NTNF), Post doc scholarship, 1993.
- The Foundation of the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, Science Award, 1995.
- Japan Science and Technology Agency fellowship, Japan, 1996.
- Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences, 1999.
- Elected member, The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, 2005.
- The Gender Equality Award at NTNU, 2009.
- Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters, 2011.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Investigation of Spent Refractory Lining in an Anode Baking Furnace. Light Metals. vol. 2017.
- (2017) Fabrication of Lead-Free Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3 Thin Films by Aqueous Chemical Solution Deposition. Materials. vol. 10 (2).
- (2017) Controlling Oriented Attachment and in Situ Functionalization of TiO2 Nanoparticles During Hydrothermal Synthesis with APTES. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 121 (21).
- (2017) Functionalized TiO2 nanoparticles by single-step hydrothermal synthesis: the role of the silane coupling agents. Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology. vol. 8.
- (2017) Chemical Stability of Thermal Insulating Materials in Sodium Vapour Environment. Light Metals. vol. 2017.
- (2017) Cathode Wear Based on Autopsy of a Shutdown Aluminium Electrolysis Cell. Light Metals. vol. 2017.
- (2017) The effect of Zr-substitution in La<sub>1?x</sub>Sr<sub>x</sub>Co<sub>0.2</sub>M<sub>0.6</sub>Zr<sub>0.2</sub>O<sub>3??</sub> (M = Fe, Mn) on the crystal structure, thermal expansion and electronic transport properties. Solid State Ionics. vol. 301.
- (2016) White light emitting silicon nano-crystals-polymeric hybrid films prepared by single batch solution based method. Thin Solid Films. vol. 603.
- (2016) Effect of A-Site Cation Ordering on Chemical Stability, Oxygen Stoichiometry and Electrical Conductivity in Layered LaBaCo2O5+d Double Perovskite. Materials. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) A Thermodynamic Assessment of the Chemical Durability of Refractory Lining in Anode Baking Furnaces. ICSOBA.
- (2016) Synthesis and oxygen transport properties of La2 − ySryNi1 − xMoxO4 + δ. Solid State Ionics. vol. 292.
- (2016) A van der Waals Density Functional Study of MoO3 and Its Oxygen Vacancies. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 120 (16).
- (2016) Assessment of the Thermodynamic Stability of Thermal Insulating Materials in Aluminium Electrolysis Cells. ICSOBA.
- (2016) Origin of ferroelectric polarization in tetragonal tungsten-bronze-type oxides. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 93 (18).
- (2016) Surface Diffusion of Oxygen Transport Membrane Materials Studied by Grain-Boundary Grooving. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 100 (1).
- (2016) Effect of CO2 Exposure on the Chemical Stability and Mechanical Properties of BaZrO3‐Ceramics. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 99 (11).
- (2016) Role of Pitting in the Formation of Potholes in Carbon Cathodes - A Review. ICSOBA. vol. 41 (45).
- (2016) Photoluminescence of A- and B-site Eu3+-substituted (SrxBa1-x)2CaWyMo1-yO6 phosphors. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. vol. 237.
- (2016) Luminescent Eu3+-doped NaLa(WO4)(MoO4) and Ba2CaMoO6 prepared by the modified Pechini method. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 77.
- (2016) Compositional dependence of the crystal symmetry of Eu3+-doped (SrxBa1-x) 2CaWyMo1-yO6 phosphors. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. vol. 233.