Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Activist planning: a response to the woes of neo-liberalism?. European Planning Studies. vol. 24 (7).
- (2016) Why don't cost-benefit results count for more? The case of Norwegian road investment priorities. Urban, Planning and Transport Research. vol. 4 (1).
- (2015) Ideological traces in plans for compact cities: Is neo-liberalism hegemonic?. Planning Theory. vol. 14 (3).
- (2013) The Comprehensiveness Dilemma of Cost-Benefit Analysis. European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research. vol. 13 (3).
- (2011) Neo-liberal urban planning policies: a literature survey 1990-2010. Progress in Planning. vol. 76 (4).
- (2011) Planning Analysis and Political Steering with New Public Management. European Planning Studies. vol. 19 (2).
- (2010) How to prevent communicative planners from unwittingly serving neo-liberalism?. Centre for Urban and Regional Studies Publications B.
- (2009) Planners' Role: Torn between Dialogical Ideals and Neo-liberal Realities. European Planning Studies. vol. 17 (1).
- (2009) Responsibilities of theorists: The case of communicative planning theory. Progress in Planning. vol. 72 (1).
- (2008) Mobility as stress regulation: A challenge to dialogue in planning?. European Journal of Spatial Development.
- (2007) Dialogical values in public goods provision. Journal of planning education and research. vol. 26 (4).
- (2006) Freedom as mobility: Implications of the distinction between actual and potential travelling. Mobilities. vol. 1 (3).
- (2006) The logic of critical communicative planning: Transaction cost alteration. Planning Theory. vol. 5 (3).
- (2005) Footloose and forecast-free: hypermobility and the planning of society. European Journal of Spatial Development.
- (2005) Planning through inclusive dialogue: no escape from social choice dilemmas. Economic Affairs. vol. 25 (4).
- (2005) From projects to strategies: a transaction cost approach to politicians' problems with strategic transport planning. Planning Theory & Practice. vol. 6 (2).
- (2005) The political relevance of planners' analysis: the case of a parliamentary standing committee. Planning Theory. vol. 4 (1).
- (2004) Inter-agency transport planning: Co-ordination and governance structures. Planning Theory & Practice. vol. 5 (2).
- (2003) Rationality types in evaluation techniques. European Journal of Spatial Development. vol. - (2).
- (2002) Deliberative planning and decision making: an impossibility result. Journal of planning education and research. vol. 21 (4).