Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A fully coupled method for numerical modeling and dynamic analysis of floating vertical axis wind turbines. Renewable Energy. vol. 107.
- (2017) A comparison of extreme structural responses and fatigue damage of semi-submersible type floating horizontal and vertical axis wind turbines. Renewable Energy. vol. 108.
- (2017) Effect of the number of blades on the dynamics of floating straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbines. Renewable Energy. vol. 101.
- (2017) A comparative study on dynamic responses of spar-type floating horizontal and vertical axis wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 20 (2).
- (2017) Development and verification of a time-domain approach for determining forces and moments in structural components of floaters with an application to floating wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 51.
- (2017) A 5MW direct-drive generator for floating spar-buoy wind turbine: Drive-train dynamics. Proceedings of the Institution of mechanical engineers. Part C, journal of mechanical engineering science. vol. 231 (4).
- (2017) A combined wind and wave energy-converter concept in survival mode: Numerical and experimental study in regular waves with a focus on water entry and exit. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 63.
- (2017) Model test and numerical analysis of a multi-pile offshore wind turbine under seismic, wind, wave, and current loads. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. vol. 139 (3).
- (2016) Aerodynamic Modeling of Offshore Vertical Axis Wind Turbines using the Actuator Cylinder Method. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Numerical Study on Aerodynamic Damping of Floating Vertical Axis Wind Turbines. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Model-based fault detection of blade pitch system in floating wind turbines. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Response analysis and comparison of a spar-type floating offshore wind turbine and an onshore wind turbine under blade pitch controller faults. Wind Energy. vol. 19 (1).
- (2016) Comparative Numerical and Experimental Study of two Combined Wind and Wave Energy Concepts. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Science. vol. 1 (1).
- (2016) Statistical fault diagnosis of wind turbine drivetrain applied to a 5MW floating wind turbine. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Assessment of the Dynamic Responses and Allowable Sea States for a Novel Offshore Wind Turbine Tower and Rotor Nacelle Assembly Installation Concept Based on the Inverted Pendulum Principle. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Methodology for assessment of the operational limits and operability of marine operations. Ocean Engineering. vol. 125.
- (2016) Analysis of Lifting Operation of a Monopile Considering Vessel Shielding Effects in Short-crested Waves. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering. vol. 26 (04).
- (2016) Analysis of lifting operation of a monopile considering vessel shielding effects in short-crested waves. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2016-January.
- (2016) Operability Analysis of Monopile Lowering Operation Using Different Numerical Approaches. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering. vol. 26 (2).
- (2016) Assessment of Allowable Sea States During Installation of OWT Monopiles with Shallow Penetration in the Seabed. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. vol. 138 (4).