Postal addressDepartment of Public Health and General Practice Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7401 Trondheim Norway
Turid Lingaas Holmen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Anxiety, depression and behavioral problems among adolescents with recurrent headache: the Young-HUNT study. Journal of Headache and Pain. volum 15 (38).
- (2014) Four tragedies and a happy ending - autobiographical interpretations of unemployment. Journal of Youth Studies.
- (2014) Is self-rated health a stable and predictive factor for allostatic load in early adulthood? Findings from the Nord Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Social Science and Medicine.
- (2013) Cross-sectional associations of total sitting, TV viewing and leisure-time computer use with cardiometabolic risk in adults. Results from the HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (JSSM). volum 17 (1).
- (2013) Sedentary behaviour and risk of mortality from all-causes and cardiometabolic diseases in adults: Evidence from the HUNT3 population cohort. British Journal of Sports Medicine.
- (2013) High school dropout and long-term sickness and disability in young adulthood: a prospective propensity score stratified cohort study (the Young-HUNT study). BMC Public Health. volum 13.
- (2013) Adolescent Health and High School Dropout: A Prospective Cohort Study of 9000 Norwegian Adolescents (The Young-HUNT). PLoS ONE. volum 8 (9).
- (2013) Parental alcohol misuse and hazardous drinking among offspring in a general teenage population: gender-specific findings from the Young-HUNT 3 study. BMC Public Health. volum 13 (1140).
- (2013) Gender differences in subjective memory impairment in a general population: the HUNT study, Norway. BMC Psychology. volum 1.
- (2013) Cohort profile of the Young-HUNT Study, Norway: A population-based study of adoelscents. International Journal of Epidemiology.
- (2013) Social and spatial patterns of obesity diffusion over three decades in a Norwegian county population: the HUNT Study. BMC Public Health. volum 13 (1).
- (2013) Sex-specific effects of weight-affecting gene variants in a life course perspective-The HUNT Study, Norway. International Journal of Obesity. volum 37 (9).
- (2013) Trends in overweight and obesity over 22 years in a large adult population. The HUNT Study, Norway. Clinical Obesity. volum 3 (1-2).
- (2013) Medical benefits in young Norwegians and their parents, and the contribution of family health and socioeconomic status. The HUNT Study, Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 41 (5).
- (2012) Leisure time activities in adolescence in the presence of susceptibility genes for obesity: risk or resilience against overweight in adulthood? The HUNT study. BMC Public Health. volum 12.
- (2012) Patterns of receptive and creative cultural activities and their association with perceived health, anxiety, depression and satisfaction with life among adults: the HUNT study, Norway. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 66 (8).
- (2012) Being normal weight, but feeling overweight in adolescence may effect weight development into young adulthood - An 11-year follow-up: The HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Obesity.
- (2012) Obesity-Susceptibility Loci and Their Influence on Adiposity-Related Traits in Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood - The HUNT Study. PLoS ONE. volum 7 (10).
- (2012) School dropout: a major public health challenge: a 10-year prospective study on medical and non-medical social insurance benefits in young adulthood, the Young-HUNT 1 Study (Norway). Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 66 (11).
- (2012) Adolescent health is associated with high school dropout, independent of parental socioeconomic status: a prospective population study, The Young-HUNT 1 study (Norway). European Journal of Public Health. volum 22.