Department of Public Health and General Practice
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Turid Lingaas Holmen
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) High school dropout and long-term sickness and disability in young adulthood: a prospective propensity score stratified cohort study (the Young-HUNT study). BMC Public Health. volum 13.
- (2013) Adolescent Health and High School Dropout: A Prospective Cohort Study of 9000 Norwegian Adolescents (The Young-HUNT). PLoS ONE. volum 8 (9).
- (2013) Social and spatial patterns of obesity diffusion over three decades in a Norwegian county population: the HUNT Study. BMC Public Health. volum 13 (1).
- (2013) Sex-specific effects of weight-affecting gene variants in a life course perspective-The HUNT Study, Norway. International Journal of Obesity. volum 37 (9).
- (2013) Medical benefits in young Norwegians and their parents, and the contribution of family health and socioeconomic status. The HUNT Study, Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. volum 41 (5).
- (2012) Leisure time activities in adolescence in the presence of susceptibility genes for obesity: risk or resilience against overweight in adulthood? The HUNT study. BMC Public Health. volum 12.
- (2012) Patterns of receptive and creative cultural activities and their association with perceived health, anxiety, depression and satisfaction with life among adults: the HUNT study, Norway. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 66 (8).
- (2012) Being normal weight, but feeling overweight in adolescence may effect weight development into young adulthood - An 11-year follow-up: The HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Obesity.
- (2012) Obesity-Susceptibility Loci and Their Influence on Adiposity-Related Traits in Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood - The HUNT Study. PLoS ONE. volum 7 (10).
- (2012) School dropout: a major public health challenge: a 10-year prospective study on medical and non-medical social insurance benefits in young adulthood, the Young-HUNT 1 Study (Norway). Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 66 (11).
- (2012) Adolescent health is associated with high school dropout, independent of parental socioeconomic status: a prospective population study, The Young-HUNT 1 study (Norway). European Journal of Public Health. volum 22.
- (2012) THE ASSOCIATION OF PARENTAL FATAL AND NON-FATAL SUICIDAL BEHAVIOUR WITH OFFSPRING SUICIDALBEHAVIOURAND DEPRESSION: A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW AND META-ANALYSIS. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 66.
- (2012) The association of parental fatal and non-fatal suicidal behaviour with offspring suicidal behaviour and depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychological Medicine. volum 42 (8).
- (2012) Headache and mental health among adolescents. European Journal of Neurology. volum 19.
- (2012) Cohort profile : the HUNT study, Norway. International Journal of Epidemiology.
- (2012) Snus under svangerskap er ikke ufarlig. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 132 (8).
- (2012) The welfare burden of adolescent anxiety and depression: a prospective study of 7500 young Norwegians and their families: the HUNT study. BMJ Open. volum 2 (6).
- (2012) Is physical activity maintenance from adolescence to young adulthood associated with reduced CVD risk factors, improved mental health and satisfaction with life: the HUNT Study, Norway. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. volum 9 (144).
- (2012) Is maintained pattern of physical activity from adolescence to adulthood associated with reduced CVD-risk? HUNT-Study, Norway. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44 (supp. 2).
- (2012) Early eczema and the risk of childhood asthma: a prospective, population-based study. BMC Pediatrics. volum 12.