Postal addressDepartment of Electronics and Telecommunications Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Professor Tybell has ~15 years of experience in oxide electronics materials science, and is co-directing the oxide electronics group at Department of Electronics and Telecommunications. He is deputy director of Department of Electronics and Telecommunications with responsibility for research.
Tybell has solid experience in administration and scientific leadership via project and work package leadership for external grants, responsibility to direct and develop a cross-disciplinary nanotechnology effort at NTNU, developing a new 5-year curriculum for the MSc study program Electronics at NTNU, and taking part in external scientific evaluation and task force committees.
The main research interest of Prof. Tybell is synthesis and nanostructuring of epitaxial complex oxide thin film heterostructures and superlattices. Present research includes interface engineering of ferroelectric and magnetic systems. Currently he is focusing on how symmetry, defects and structural distortions affect functional interfaces, and properties such as charge transport, ferroelectricity and magnetism. His research is to a large extent collaborative, including recent collaboration with groups in United States, Japan, Sweden, and Norway.
Please go to Oxide Electronics Group for more information on research and publications.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) In-plane structural order of domain engineered La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 thin films. Philosophical Magazine. volum 93 (13).
- (2013) Surface stability of epitaxial La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 thin films on (111)-oriented SrTiO3. Journal of Applied Physics. volum 113 (18).
- (2013) Spin-Flop Coupling and Exchange Bias in Embedded Complex Oxide Micromagnets. Physical Review Letters. volum 111 (10).
- (2012) Surface stoichiometry of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 during in vacuo preparation; A synchrotron photoemission study. Surface Science. volum 606 (17-18).
- (2012) Sub-bandgap photocurrent effects on dynamic pyroelectric measurement in Pt/PbTiO3/Nb:SrTiO3 heterostructures. Journal of Applied Physics. volum 112 (1).
- (2012) Consequences of High Adatom Energy during Pulsed Laser Deposition of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3. Crystal Growth & Design. volum 12 (2).
- (2012) Qualitative determination of surface roughness by in situ reflection high energy electron diffraction. Applied Physics Letters. volum 100 (15).
- (2012) Crossover from spin-flop coupling to collinear spin alignment in antiferromagnetic/ferromagnetic thin film nanostructures. Nano letters (Print). volum 12 (5).
- (2012) Surface stoichiometry of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 during in vacuo preparation; A synchrotron photoemission study. Surface Science. volum 606 (17).
- (2012) Photo-electrochemical synthesis of silver-oxide clathrate Ag7O8NO3. Electrochemical and solid-state letters. volum 15 (4).
- (2011) Structural coupling across the LaAlO3/SrTiO3 interface: High-resolution x-ray diffraction study. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. volum 84 (20).
- (2011) The Nature of Polarization Fatigue in BiFeO3. Advanced Materials. volum 23 (14).
- (2011) Electron energy loss spectroscopy investigation of Pb and Ti hybridization with O at the PbTiO3/SrTiO3 interface. Journal of Applied Physics. volum 109 (3).
- (2011) PbO-deficient PbTiO3: Mass transport, structural effects and possibility for intrinsic screening of the ferroelectric polarization. Applied Physics Letters. volum 98 (9).
- (2010) Study of defect-dipoles in an epitaxial ferroelectric thin film. Applied Physics Letters. volum 96 (5).