Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Exercise training reduces resting heart rate via downregulation of the funny channel HCN4. Nature Communications.
- (2014) Reduced aerobic capacity causes leaky ryanodine receptors that trigger arrhythmia in a rat strain artificially selected and bred for low aerobic running capacity. Acta Physiologica. volum 210 (4).
- (2014) Autophagy signaling in skeletal muscle of infarcted rats. PLoS ONE. volum 9 (1:e85820).
- (2014) A simple non-exercise model of cardiorespiratory fitness predicts long-term mortality. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 46 (6).
- (2014) Remote ischemic preconditioning preserves mitochondrial function and influences myocardial MicroRNA expression in atrial myocardium during coronary bypass surgery. Circulation Research. volum 114 (5).
- (2013) Combined association of physical activity, ischaemic heart disease and comorbid depression on mortality risk in the elderly: The HUNT Study. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. volum April (20).
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD. volum 10 (3).
- (2013) Circulating MicroRNAs and Aerobic Fitness - The HUNT-Study. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (2).
- (2013) Applying lactate sampling to interval training in CAD. The FASEB Journal. volum 27.
- (2013) High inborn aerobic capacity does not protect the heart following myocardial infarction. Journal of applied physiology. volum 115 (12).
- (2013) Aksellerasjon og sprint i Tippeligaen. Fotballtreneren.
- (2013) Aerobic interval training partly reverse contractile dysfunction and impaired Ca2+ handling in atrial myocytes from rats with post infarction heart failure. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (6:e66288).
- (2013) Atrial Myocyte Function and Ca2+ Handling Is Associated with Inborn Aerobic Capacity. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (10).
- (2013) Exercise-induced myofibrillar disruption with sarcolemmal integrity prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 113 (5).
- (2013) Exercise training and losartan improve endothelial function in heart failure rats by different mechanisms. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. volum 47 (3).
- (2013) Aerobic interval training attenuates remodelling and mitochondrial dysfunction in the post-infarction failing rat heart. Cardiovascular Research. volum 99 (1).
- (2013) Aerobic capacity reference data in 3816 healthy men and women 20-90 years. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (5:e64319).
- (2013) High- versus moderate-intensity aerobic exercise training effects on skeletal muscle of infarcted rats. Journal of applied physiology. volum 114 (8).
- (2013) Recovery after an Intermittent Test. International Journal of Sports Medicine. volum 34 (6).
- (2013) Age-predicted maximal heart rate in healthy subjects: The HUNT Fitness Study. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. volum 23 (6).