Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Altering male-dominant representations: A study on nominalized adjectives and participles in first and second language German. Journal of language and social psychology.
- (2015) Stereotype or grammar? The representation of gender when two-year and three-year old French speaking toddlers listen to role nouns. Journal of Child Language.
- (2015) Warm-hearted businessmen, competitive housewives? Effects of gender-fair language on adolescents’ perceptions of occupations. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 6.
- (2014) How immigrant students’ self-views at school relate to different patterns of first and second language use. Social Psychology of Education. vol. 17 (4).
- (2014) Actual and potential gender-fair language use: The role of language competence and the motivation to use accurate language. Journal of language and social psychology. vol. 33 (2).
- (2014) Fostering the generic interpretation of grammatically masculine forms: When my aunt could be one of the mechanics. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. vol. 26 (1).
- (2014) Norms on the gender perception of role nouns in Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Slovak. Behavior Research Methods. vol. 46 (3).
- (2013) Social judgment of aggressive language: Effects of target and sender sex on the evaluation of slurs. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 54 (3).
- (2013) La représentation mentale du genre pendant la lecture : état actuel de la recherche et directions futures. Journal of French Language Studies. vol. 23 (2).
- (2013) Do Victimization Experiences Accentuate Reactions to Ostracism? An Experiment Using Cyberball. International journal of developmental science. vol. 7 (1).
- (2013) Cyberball The Impact of Ostracismon the Well-Being of Early Adolescents. Swiss Journal of Psychology. vol. 72 (2).
- (2013) Gender inferences: Grammatical features and their impact on the representation of gender in bilinguals. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. vol. 16 (4).
- (2012) "Kan en jente bli mann?" Brannmann, kanskje? On the inference of gender in reading comprehension. "Kan en jente bli mann?" Brannmann, kanskje? On the inference of gender in reading comprehension. Psykologisk tidsskrift.
- (2012) Gender Representation in Different Languages and Grammatical Marking on Pronouns: When Beauticians, Musicians, and Mechanics Remain Men. Discourse processes. vol. 49 (6).
- (2012) The masculine form and its competing interpretations in French: When linking grammatically masculine role names to female referents is difficult. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. vol. 24 (4).
- (2012) Sexism and attitudes toward gender-neutral language: The case of English, French, and German. Swiss Journal of Psychology. vol. 71 (3).