Postal addressDepartment of Psychology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
- Other subjects within psychology
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) How immigrant students' self-views at school relate to different patterns of first and second language use. Social Psychology of Education.
- (2014) Actual and potential gender-fair language use: The role of language competence and the motivation to use accurate language. Journal of language and social psychology. volum 33 (2).
- (2014) Fostering the generic interpretation of grammatically masculine forms: When my aunt could be one of the mechanics. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. volum 26 (1).
- (2014) Norms on the gender perception of role nouns in Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Slovak. Behavior Research Methods. volum 46 (3).
- (2013) Social judgment of aggressive language: Effects of target and sender sex on the evaluation of slurs. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. volum 54 (3).
- (2013) La représentation mentale du genre pendant la lecture : état actuel de la recherche et directions futures. Journal of French Language Studies. volum 23 (2).
- (2013) Do Victimization Experiences Accentuate Reactions to Ostracism? An Experiment Using Cyberball. International journal of developmental science. volum 7 (1).
- (2013) Cyberball The Impact of Ostracismon the Well-Being of Early Adolescents. Swiss Journal of Psychology. volum 72 (2).
- (2013) Gender inferences: Grammatical features and their impact on the representation of gender in bilinguals. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. volum 16 (4).
- (2012) "Kan en jente bli mann?" Brannmann, kanskje? On the inference of gender in reading comprehension. Psykologisk tidsskrift.
- (2012) Gender Representation in Different Languages and Grammatical Marking on Pronouns: When Beauticians, Musicians, and Mechanics Remain Men. Discourse processes. volum 49 (6).
- (2012) The masculine form and its competing interpretations in French: When linking grammatically masculine role names to female referents is difficult. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. volum 24 (4).
- (2012) Sexism and attitudes toward gender-neutral language: The case of English, French, and German. Swiss Journal of Psychology. volum 71 (3).
- (2009) Some grammatical rules are more difficult than others: The case of the generic interpretation of the masculine. European Journal of Psychology of Education. volum 24 (2).
- (2008) Language Policies and In-group Favoritism. The Malleability of the Interpretation of Generically Intended Masculine Forms. Social Psychology. volum 39 (2).
- (2008) Can societal language amendments change gender representation? The case of Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. volum 49.
- (2008) Au pairs are rarely male: Norms on the gender perception of role names across English, French, and German. Behavior Research Methods. volum 40 (1).
- (2008) Can a group of musicians be composed of women? Generic interpretation of French masculine role names in the absence and presence of feminine forms. Swiss Journal of Psychology. volum 67 (3).
- (2008) Generically intended, but specifically interpreted: When beauticians, musicians, and mechanics are all men. Language and cognitive processes (Print). volum 23 (3).
- (2008) Typisch »Kiffer«? Stereotype und Personenwahrnehmung. SUCHT. volum 54 (1).