Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Stereotype or grammar? the representation of gender when two-year-old and three-year-old French-speaking toddlers listen to role nouns. Journal of Child Language. vol. 43 (6).
- (2016) Altering male-dominant representations: A study on nominalized adjectives and participles in first and second language German. Journal of language and social psychology.
- (2016) Gauging the impact of gender grammaticization in different languages: Application of a linguistic-visual paradigm. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2015) Warm-hearted businessmen, competitive housewives? Effects of gender-fair language on adolescents’ perceptions of occupations. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 6.
- (2014) How immigrant students’ self-views at school relate to different patterns of first and second language use. Social Psychology of Education. vol. 17 (4).
- (2014) Actual and potential gender-fair language use: The role of language competence and the motivation to use accurate language. Journal of language and social psychology. vol. 33 (2).
- (2014) Fostering the generic interpretation of grammatically masculine forms: When my aunt could be one of the mechanics. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. vol. 26 (1).
- (2014) Norms on the gender perception of role nouns in Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Slovak. Behavior Research Methods. vol. 46 (3).
- (2013) Social judgment of aggressive language: Effects of target and sender sex on the evaluation of slurs. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 54 (3).
- (2013) La représentation mentale du genre pendant la lecture : état actuel de la recherche et directions futures. Journal of French Language Studies. vol. 23 (2).
- (2013) Do Victimization Experiences Accentuate Reactions to Ostracism? An Experiment Using Cyberball. International journal of developmental science. vol. 7 (1).
- (2013) Cyberball The Impact of Ostracismon the Well-Being of Early Adolescents. Swiss Journal of Psychology. vol. 72 (2).
- (2013) Gender inferences: Grammatical features and their impact on the representation of gender in bilinguals. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. vol. 16 (4).
- (2012) "Kan en jente bli mann?" Brannmann, kanskje? On the inference of gender in reading comprehension. Psykologisk tidsskrift.
- (2012) Gender Representation in Different Languages and Grammatical Marking on Pronouns: When Beauticians, Musicians, and Mechanics Remain Men. Discourse processes. vol. 49 (6).
- (2012) The masculine form and its competing interpretations in French: When linking grammatically masculine role names to female referents is difficult. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. vol. 24 (4).
- (2012) Sexism and attitudes toward gender-neutral language: The case of English, French, and German. Swiss Journal of Psychology. vol. 71 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2016) Gender and Linguistic Sexism. Advances in Intergroup Communication.
- (2014) Punitive reactions to deviant behaviour. Driven by or detached from anger?. Kriminologie ist Gesellschaftswissenschaft. Festschrift für Christian Pfeiffer zum 70. Geburtstag.