Background and activities
Ph.D. (1980). D. Sc. (1994). Professor in Inorganic Chemistry (1998). Senior researcher at Institute for Energy Technology (1999-). Professor II (NTNU, 2005-).
Areas of speciality
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Review of magnesium hydride-based materials: development and optimisation. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. vol. 122 (97).
- (2016) Mg-based compounds for hydrogen and energy storage. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. vol. 122 (85).
- (2016) In operando neutron diffraction study of a commercial graphite/(Ni, Mn, Co) oxide-based multi-component lithium ion battery. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 326.
- (2016) High temperature hydrogenation of Ti-V alloys: The effect of cycling and carbon monoxide on the bulk and surface properties. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (3).
- (2016) Phase-structural transformations in a metal hydride battery anode La1.5Nd0.5MgNi9 alloy and its electrochemical performance. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (23).
- (2016) Metal hydride hydrogen compression: recent advances and future prospects. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. vol. 122 (4).
- (2016) Metal hydrides as negative electrode materials for Ni–MH batteries. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. vol. 122 (43).
- (2015) LaNi5-assisted hydrogenation of MgNi2 in the hybrid structures of La1.09Mg1.91Ni9D9.5 and La0.91Mg2.09Ni9D9.4. Energies. vol. 8 (4).
- (2015) New FCC Mg-Zr and Mg-Zr-ti deuterides obtained by reactive milling. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. vol. 226.
- (2015) Comparative analysis of the efficiencies of hydrogen storage systems utilising solid state H storage materials. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 645 (1).
- (2015) Synthesis of hydrides by interaction of intermetallic compounds with ammonia. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 645 (1).
- (2015) Hydrogen diffusion in La1.5Nd0.5MgNi9 alloy electrodes of the Ni/MH battery. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 645 (1).
- (2015) Hydrogen-assisted phase transition in a trihydride MgNi2H3 synthesized at high H2 pressures: Thermodynamics, crystallographic and electronic structures. Acta Materialia. vol. 82.
- (2015) Structure and chemical bonding in MgNi2H3 from combined high resolution synchrotron and neutron diffraction studies and ab initio electronic structure calculations. Acta Materialia. vol. 98.
- (2015) Structure–properties relationship in RE3−xMgxNi9H10–13 (RE = La,Pr,Nd) hydrides for energy storage. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 645 (1).
- (2014) Modeling of metal hydride battery anodes at high discharge current densities and constant discharge currents. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 147.
- (2014) Mechanistic and kinetic study of the electrochemical charge and discharge of La2MgNi9 by in situ powder neutron diffraction. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 118 (23).
- (2014) Metal hydride hydrogen compressors: A review. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 39 (11).
- (2014) The effects of rapid solidification on microstructure and hydrogen sorption properties of binary BCC Ti-V alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 582.
- (2013) Annealing effect on phase composition and electrochemical properties of the Co-free La2MgNi9 anode for Ni-metal hydride batteries. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 96.