Background and activities
Trond Ytterdal received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the Norwegian Institute of Technology in 1990 and 1995, respectively. He was employed as a research associate at the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Virginia (1995-1996) and as a research scientist at the Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York (1996-1997). From 1997 to 2001 he worked as a senior ASIC designer at Nordic Semiconductor in Trondheim, Norway. Since 2001 he has been on the faculty of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is a Professor at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications. Prof. Ytterdal's present research interests include design of analog integrated circuits, behavioral modeling and simulation of mixed-signal systems, modeling of nanoscale transistors and novel device structures for application in circuit simulators. He has authored and co-authored more than 160 scientific papers in international journals and conference proceedings. He is a co-author of the books Semiconductor Device Modeling for VLSI (Prentice Hall, 1993), Introduction to Device Modeling and Circuit Simulation (Wiley, 1998) and Device Modeling for Analog and RF CMOS Circuit Design (Wiley, 2003), and has been a contributor to several other books published internationally. He is also a co-developer of the circuit simulator AIM-Spice. Prof. Ytterdal is a member of The Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences and a Senior Member of IEEE.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Modelling effect of parasitics in plasmonic FETs. Solid-State Electronics. vol. 104.
- (2015) In-Probe Ultrasound Beamformer Utilizing Switched-Current Analog RAM. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - II - Express Briefs.
- (2014) An in-probe receiver amplifier with 3 dB noise figure and 50 dB dynamic range for medical ultrasound imaging using CMUTs. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 80 (2).
- (2014) 0.5 V inverter-based ultra-low-power, lownoise VGA for medical ultrasound probes. Electronics Letters. vol. 50 (2).
- (2014) A 7-bit 40 MS/s single-ended asynchronous SAR ADC in 65 nm CMOS. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 80 (3).
- (2013) THz SPICE for Modeling Detectors and Nonquadratic Response at Large Input Signal. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 13 (1).
- (2013) A 12b-control ultra-low-power low-noise SC-VGA for medical ultrasound probes. The Journal of Engineering.
- (2011) Compact Capacitance Model For Printed Thin Film Transistors With Non-Ideal Contacts. International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems. vol. 20 (4).
- (2011) Inverter-based 1 V analog front-end amplifiers in 90 nm CMOS for medical ultrasound imaging. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 67 (1).
- (2011) Comparator-based switched-capacitor pipelined analog-to-digital converter with comparator preset, and comparator delay compensation. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 67 (1).
- (2010) Clock jitter impact on the performance of general charge sampling amplifiers. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 63 (1).
- (2009) Analog Circuit Design in Nanoscale CMOS Technologies. Proceedings of the IEEE. vol. 97 (10).
- (2009) Current-Mode Capacitive Sensor Interface Circuit With Single-Ended to Differential Output Capability. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 58 (11).
- (2009) Feedback Biasing in Nanoscale CMOS Technologies. IEEE transactions on circuits and systems - 2, Analog and digital signal processing. vol. 56 (5).
- (2009) Resonators in Open-Loop Sigma-Delta Modulators. IEEE Transactions on Circuits And Systems Part I: Regular Papers. vol. 56 (10).
- (2008) Universal compact model for long- and short-channel Thin-Film Transistors. Solid-State Electronics. vol. 52.
- (2008) Switched capacitor analog modulo integrator for application in open loop Sigma-Delta modulators. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 54.
- (2007) Switched capacitor analog modulo integrator for application in open loop Sigma-Delta modulators. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing.
- (2003) Behavioral Modeling and Simulation of Mixed-Signal System-on-a-Chip using SystemC. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. vol. 34 (1).
- (2003) SPICE Modeling of Neutron Radiation Displacement Damage and Annealing Effects in Bipolar Junction Transistors. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. vol. 50 (6).