REA1131 - Basic mathematics and statistics
- Mathematics: Elementary algebra. Functions: Linear, polynomal, rational, exponential and logaritmic functions. Limits, continuity and differentiation, maxima and minimaproblems. Series, annuities, effective interest. Functions of several variables: partial differentiation, Lagrange method.
- Statistics: Descriptive statistics: Measures of sentral tendency, variation correlation, statistical diagrams. Probability: Probability distributions, expected value, variance and standard deviation. Binomial, normal l and poisson distribution.Test of hypothesis. Regression analysis. Chi-square tests.
The student should be able to show and use skills in mathematics an statistics necessary in other subjects and in later professional life.
Learning methods and activities
Further on evaluation
Re-sit of the written exam in August
Portfolio assessment counts 50 % and written exam counts 50 %. Each part must be individually approved of. Portfolio assessment is based on results of the exercises.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Bachelor in Software Engineering (BPU)
Business Administration and Management (BØKLED)
Economics and Business Administration (ÅRØKLED)
Information Security (BIS)
One-year Programme in Technology Design (TEKDE)
Technology Design (ÅRTEK)
Technology Design and Management (BTEKD)
- Bjørnstad, H., Olsson, U. H., Søyland, S. and Tolcsiner, F. Matematikk for økonomi og samfunnsfag. Høyskoleforlaget. ISBN 82-76-34544-1 or ISBN 978-82-7634-756-2.
- Hans Petter Hornæs: Formelsamling i statistikk, HiG
- Løvås, G. Statistikk for universiteter og høgskoler. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 82-15-00224-2
Examination arrangement: Written exam and Portfolio assessment
|Term||Statuskode||Evaluation form||Weighting||Examination aids||Date||Time||Room *|
|Autumn||ORD||Written examination||50/100||C KALKULATOR||2017-12-21||09:00|
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date.