TDT4125 - Algorithm Construction
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2016/2017
Advanced algorithmic techniques, e.g., for solving and handling especially hard (e.g., NP-complete) problems.
Knowledge the candidate should have knowledge about:
- Advanced methods for algorithm construction.
- Industrial applications.
Skills the candidate should be able to:
- Construct efficient algorithms for algorithmic problems
- Construct approximate solutions for complex problems.
- Construct heuristic solutions for complex problems.
General competence the candidate should be able to:
- Handle complex algorithmic problems, either by constructing an exact or an approximate algorithm, or by constructing a heuristic solution.
- Show that a problem has a high complexity.
- Evaluate different algorithmic solutions against each other.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and optional individual exercises. If there is a re-sit examination, the examination form may change from written to oral.
Recommended previous knowledge
Subject TDT4120 Algorithms and Datastructures or equivalent.
Given at the start of the course.
If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.