PhD in Civil and Transport Engineering
Each doctoral candidate's study is typically financed by a research fellowship. The department can provide information about available positions. The primary contact for questions concerning possibilities or enrollment in the doctoral programme is the Department of Civil and Transport Engineering, at the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology (IVT).
The topic of one's doctoral thesis will normally be confined to research and development projects that are being carried out in the departments or within the associated research groups.
For additional information including the PhD study handbook, as well as applicable rules and forms, see the doctoral programme pages for the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology.
Examples of current research topics
Current research activity at the Department of Civil and Transport Engineering includes the following topics and issues:
- Building physics and technology (moisture, heat transport, fire resistance)
- Wooden materials in buildings
- Numerical soil modeling, dimensioning of constructions
- Landslide and avalanche danger evaluation, tripping and prevention
- Flux forced movements of slender constructions
- Arctic constructions
- Tunnel construction, complete contour drilling, rock blasting
- Project management
- Driver support systems / traffic behavior, simulation and real-time analysis
- Road construction materials, asphalt paving and recycling
See also a selection of