Background and activities
Aditya Sole is working as a Prosjektleder and also is a doctoral student at the Department of Computer Science
- Bacholar of Engineering in Printing Engineering and Graphics Communication from Pune Vidyarthi's College of Engineering and Technology, Pune University, Pune, India, 2005.
- MSc in Digital Colour Imaging, London College of Communication, University of the Arts, London, UK, 2006.
- Colour Imaging
- Colour Science, Measurement and Management
- BRDF measurement
- Visual Appearance measurement
Main tasks include providing support in writing and co-ordinating research proposals and research projects. Main experience involves support in writing and co-ordinating research proposals and research projects in FP7 and Horizon 2020 Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Actions.
Focus of my PhD research is to develop and evaluate procedures for measuring the visual appearance of non-diffuse materials. The procedures should be practically feasible for use in graphic arts and packaging industries, considering aspects such as measurement geometry, interpretation, analysis and visualization of the measurement data, as well as their correlations with visual appearance as perceived by human observers.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Measurement of bidirectional reflectance distribution function on custom-made gonio-spectrophotometer. Scientific Papers of the University of Pardubice : Series A.
- (2018) Bidirectional Reflectance Measurement and Reflection Model Fitting of Complex Materials Using an Image-Based Measurement Setup. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (11).
- (2018) Evaluating an image-based bidirectional reflectance distribution function measurement setup. Applied Optics. vol. 57 (8).
- (2017) Evaluating an image based multi-angle measurement setup using different reflection models. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017 (8).
- (2016) Image based reflectance measurement based on camera spectral sensitivities. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. Part F129946.
- (2011) Analysis of color measurement uncertainty in a color managed printing workflow. Journal of Print and Media Technology Research. vol. 1 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2015) An image-based multi-directional reflectance measurement setup for flexible objects. Measuring, Modeling, and Reproducing Material Appearance 2015.
- (2014) Colour Printing 7.0: Next Generation Multi-Channel Printing. 22nd Color and Imaging Conference Final Program and Proceedings.
- (2014) An image based multi-angle method for estimating reflection geometries of flexible objects. 22nd Color and Imaging Conference Final Program and Proceedings.
- (2013) Colour shift: perceived and measured. AIC Colour 2013, 12th Congress of the International Colour Association, 8-12 July, 2013, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Proceedings, Vol 1-4.