Background and activities
Intern at the NTNU Brussels office, working with coordination and support of research for Humanities, Medicine and Education.
Senior Researcher at NTNU University. Classical Archaeologist by training working for NTNU in the field of cultural heritage, digital collections management and Digital Heritage. Researching on collaborative learning through game technologies and the integration of digital technologies in archive and museum’s dissemination strategies. Through interdisciplinary collaborations and the exploitation of VR and AR tools, led several DH projects as e-readers, Mubil, ARK4 and I manus for the NTNU University library. Teaches information literacy for archaeology and Museum studies students and postgraduate researchers at NTNU as well as the subject Experts in team in collaboration with the NTNU deapertment of Data and Computer science. She is a member of EAA and EU DARIAH.
Worked as a field archaeologist for the KA Greek Ephorate of antiquities in Greece, since 1982 until 2000. Excavated several places and worked with museum registration work in Delos, Paros, Samos, Santorini. Took master`s from the University of Oslo, Norway in 1996 about “The burial customs in Santorini during the Archaic period”. Moved to Norway in 2000 and worked until 2006 as a lecturer for archaeology students at NTNU University in Trondheim, teaching courses on Classical Archaeology, European Archaeology, Archaeological Theory and Cultural history. Since 2006 I have been working or the NTNU University library with different projects in order to promote the historical archives of our library and its digital resources. Teaching information literacy and doing research in Digital Humanities. Interested in new technology as a dissemination tool for both museums and libraries.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Engaging with Digital Heritage: Including you end users in strategy discussions on heritage protection. EAA Bern - Session 349 . EAA; Bern. 2019-09-04 - 2019-09-07.
- (2018) Archives and libraries brought into the 21st century through interdisciplinary teamwork. Lessons learned and challenges to reflect upon. Alexandra Angeletaki. Its21 . NTNU; Trondheim. 2018-06-19 - 2018-06-20.
- (2018) Mubil, A library-based immersive virtual environment for situated historical learning. Cultural heritage infrastructures in digital humanities.
- (2017) Engaging Communities with Digital Heritage Narratives. Digital Narratives seminar . UCL Qatar; Doha. 2017-11-20 - 2017-11-22.
- (2017) Η χρήση της σύγχρονης τεχνολογίας στην προστασία της πολιτιστικής κληρονομιάς μέσα από την εργασία μαθητών στο Αρχαιολογικό Μουσείο Μυκόνου. To Archaeologiko ergo stis Kyklades, The archaeological work in Cyclades . Ephoreia of the Cyclades; Athens. 2017-11-22 - 2017-11-26.
- (2016) How is the use of Virtual Reality technology challenging the museum-library sector? The case of the University Museum and Library of Trondheim, Norway. ACDH Lecture 2.3 . Austrian Academy of Sciences; Vienna. 2016-10-24 - 2016-10-24.
- (2016) The Mubil Laboratory at NTNU University library. Futurscapes . NTNU; Dragvoll. 2016-03-14 - 2016-03-15.
- (2016) Workshop on Collaboration and team work. Digital Humaniora lab seminar . Austrian Academy of Sciences; Vienna. 2016-10-24 - 2016-10-24.
- (2016) Playing With Cultural Heritage Through Digital Gaming: The New Narrative of the ARK4 Project. DH2016 . Krakow University; Krakow. 2016-07-12 - 2016-07-15.
- (2015) ARK4 an interactive workshop. Using gaming technology and user generated content to support learning!. Eropeana Research meeting . Europeana Research; London. 2015-07-22 - 2015-07-24.
- (2015) A Virtual Laboratory: an immersive VR experience to spread ancient libraries heritage Proceeding of DigitalHeritage 2015 Conference (28 September - 2 October 2015, Granada). In press. DigitalHeritage 2015 Conference (28 September - 2 October 2015, Granada). . DigitalHeritage 2015 Conference; Granada. 2015-09-28 - 2015-10-02.
- (2014) Bringing the past back to life, TEDxTrondheim. TEDX TRondheim, [Internett]. 2014-11-24.
- (2013) Bøkenes virtuelle verden!. Spor.
- (2013) IMPLEMENTATION OF 3D TOOLS AND IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE INTERACTION FOR SUPPORTING LEARNING IN A LIBRARY-ARCHIVE ENVIRONMENT. VISIONS AND CHALLENGES. International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. vol. XL-5/W2.
- (2013) Mubil, creating an Immersive Experience of old books to support learning in a Museum-Archive environment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8215.
- (2012) Mubil a digital Laboratory. Nordic Library Conference . Nasjonal Biblioteket i Oslo; Oslo. 2012-05-14 - 2012-05-15.
- (2012) Mubil, a Digital Laboratory: Creating an Interactive Visitor Experience in a Library-Museum Environment. Museum and the web . Museum and the web comittee; San Diego. 2012-04-09 - 2012-04-14.
- (2012) E-readers as a study tool for university students. Journal of the European Association for Health Information and Libraries. vol. 8 (4).
- (2011) E-readers as a studying tool: A project by the NTNU University Library, Trondheim. Serials: The Journal for the Serials Community. vol. 24 (3).
- (2010) The e-reader project in NTNU library, Trondheim, presented at Austin Texas ER&L conferance. ER&L 2010 . University Library of Austin Texas; Austin. 2010-02-01 - 2010-02-03.
- (2009) Which educational role can libraries play in assessing Information Literacy in a University learning environment. QQML 2009 . ASMDA International Society; Chania, Crete. 2009-04-26 - 2009-04-29.
- (2006) Syria en levende historisk mosaikk. Spor. vol. 2.
- (2004) Greske vaser i Trondheim. Spor. vol. 2.
- (2003) Et møte mellom gresk og norsk arkeologi-utgravninger sommeren 2003. Spor. vol. 2.
- (2001) Santorini: The archaic cemetery at Sellada. 2001.