Background and activities
I work as an associate professor position at the music technology program at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I am currently study programme leader at the Music Technology Programme. In recent years, my courses have been Analytical and aesthetical perspectives on music and technology (MUST3054), Music technology in light of history (MUST1058), and Basic music technology 2 (MUST1060).
- Movement-sound interaction for users with and without disabilities
- Interactive dance
- Voice in electroacoustic music (PhD entitled "Experiencing voices in Electroacoustic Music" from 2010),
- Live-electronics from a performative perspective
- History and analysis of electroacoustic music
I hav been involved in composition and sound design for exhibitions, installations, large scale multi-media events, in addition to doing live-electronics performances and working with computer instrument design for motion capture systems. In addition, I have composed several pieces for interactive dance that have been presented in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Greece, Italy and Canada.
The last few years I have been involved in the following projects:
- VIBRA (prosjektleder og initiativtaker)
- MotionComposer (komponist/lyddesigner)
- Cross adaptive processing as musical intervention
Together with the MotionComposer team I received a special recognition award in the 2016 Guthman Musical Instrument Competition.
Personal home page: