Andreas Dugstad Sanders
Background and activities
Andreas Dugstad Sanders is currently a postdoctoral researcher connected to the research project Political Regulation of Natural Resources 1870-2010, Global Experiences headed by prof. Pål Thonstad Sandvik. This project is again part of the larger Fate of Nations-project, also centered at the Institute of Historical Studies at NTNU. Sanders defended his PhD thesis at the European University Institute in 2018, titled Europe’s Northern Resource Frontier: The political economy of resource nationalism in Sweden and Norway 1888-1936. His main research interests are resource nationalism, regulation of natural resources, international political economy, Scandinavian political history and the economic policies of Nazi-Germany in occupied Europe.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Dealing with globalization: The Nordic countries and inward FDI, 1900-1939. Business History. vol. 58 (8).
- (2016) The Challenges of Globalization: Economy and Politics in Germany 1860–1914. European Review of History. vol. 23 (1-2).
- (2019) The Political Economy of Resource Regulation: An International and Comparative History, 1850-2015. University of British Columbia Press. 2019. ISBN 9780774860604.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Regulating Natural Resources in Canada: A Brief Historical Survey. The Political Economy of Resource Regulation: An International and Comparative History, 1850-2015.
- (2019) Natural Resource Regulations and the Global Economy. The Political Economy of Resource Regulation: An International and Comparative History, 1850-2015.
- (2019) Regulation of Natural Resources in the Nordic Countries, 1880–1940. The Political Economy of Resource Regulation: An International and Comparative History, 1850-2015.
- (2016) Hitler’s Achilles Heel? Norwegian Molybdenum as a Bottleneck in the German War Economy. Industrial Collaboration in Nazi-Occupied Europe: Norway in Context.
- (2015) Avoiding the resource curse? Democracy and natural resources in Norway since 1900. Natural Resources and Economic Growth.
- (2020) Mineral Resource Governance in the 21st Century: Gearing extractive industries towards sustainable development. United Nations Environment Programme. 2020. ISBN 978-92-807-3779-0.
- (2018) Europe’s northern resource frontier : the political economy of resource nationalism in Sweden and Norway 1888-1936. 2018.
- (2012) Pionerbyen Notodden og nitratindustrien. 2012.
- (2020) Skorovas gruber, Elkem og norske bedrifters manøvreringsrom i det okkuperte Norge (1940-45). Midtnorsk historieseminar 2020 . HIFO Trøndelag; Fylkesmannsboligen, Trondheim. 2020-03-05 - 2020-03-05.
- (2019) Between sovereignty and international liberalism: the global evolution of mineral regulations. Sino-Norwegian Symposium on Research within the Social Sciences, Humanities and Law . NUPI; Oslo. 2019-11-19 - 2019-11-20.
- (2019) Europe Northern Resource Frontier: The political economy of resource nationalism in Sweden and Norway 1888-1936. Congreso Latino-Americano de Historia Económica . La Asociación Chilena de Historia Económica; Santiago. 2019-07-23 - 2019-07-25.