Angela Daniela La Rosa
Background and activities
Italian, M.Sc. in Chemistry (1994), Ph.D (2001), a chemist with a strong focus on polymer composites and environmental impact including LCA/LCC. From 2001 she holds a PhD in Chemistry of Polymer Composites, carried out in the Wilton International Research Centre (UK), within the Strategic Technology Group of ICI (Imperial Chemical Industries), for about three years. Prof. La Rosa has started her education on LCA and LCC in 2006 through a research visit at the Division of Environmental Systems, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, and by attending an advanced course in Life Cycle Assessment at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Stockholm, Sweden. Since then, she has published several articles on LCA of polymers and polymer composites. Prof. La Rosa has long experience from national and European research and innovation projects, being the scientific director of S.C. All Green S.R.L. company (Romania) since 2016, she is an author of over 50 articles in journals and conference proceedings (H-index: 13, Scopus) as well as possesses long experience with student supervision (>50 undergraduate and postgraduate students).
- FENA2023 - Life cycle assessment of energy systems
- MASG1002 - Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- TEK3109 - EcoDesign 1
- MASG2900 - Bachelor thesis
- VB6125 - Life cycle assessment LCA
- TEK2002 - EcoDesign
- TEK3101 - Sustainable Polymers and Composites
- TØL4010 - Sustainability Assessment
- FENG2023 - Life cycle assessment of energy systems
- FENT2023 - Life cycle assessment of energy systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Flax fibers, their composites and application in From Plant Fibers, their Composites, and Applications, Elsevier, pp.[209–232]. Elsevier. 2022. ISBN 978-0-12-824528-6.
- (2022) Life cycle assessment of plant fibers and their composites in Plant Fibers, their Composites, and Applications, Elsevier, pp.[ 457–484]. Elsevier. 2022. ISBN 978-0-12-824528-6.
- (2022) Benefits and Opportunities of Reusing Waste Rotor Blades Materials from a Life Cycle Perspective. Key Engineering Materials. vol. 919.
- (2022) LCA of Reusing Carbon Fibers Recycled Through Solvolysis Process of Thermoset Composites. Role of Circular Economy in Resource Sustainability Sustainable Production, Life Cycle Engineering and Management.
- (2022) A case study of hybrid learning in higher education using quantitative research design. Eighth edition of the International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAd).
- (2021) An Improved Approach for Effective Describing Geometric Data in ifcOWL through WKT High Order Expressions. The International Conference on Geographical Information Systems Theory, Applications and Management ; 2021-04-23 - 2021-04-25.
- (2021) An Improved Approach for Effective Describing Geometric Data in ifcOWL through WKT High Order Expressions. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Geographical Information Systems Theory, Applications and Management.
- (2021) LCA and LCC of a chemical recycling process of waste CF-thermoset composites for the production of novel CF-thermoplastic composites. Open loop and closed loop scenarios. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 304.
- (2021) Industrial Symbiosis for Circular Economy: A Possible Scenario in Norway. In: An Introduction to Circular Economy. Springer. 2021. ISBN 9789811585098.
- (2021) Towards Selection Charts for Epoxy Resin, Unsaturated Polyester Resin and Their Fibre-Fabric Composites with Flame Retardants. Materials. vol. 14 (5).
- (2021) Natural fiber reinforced polymer composites for small/medium wind turbine blades: a LCA study. 5th International Conference on Natural Fibers (ICNF2021) . University of Minho; Online. 2021-05-17 - 2021-05-19.
- (2021) Environmental impact of material selection in a car body component – The side door intrusion beam. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 318.
- (2021) A Semantic Approach for Automated Rule Compliance Checking in Construction Industry. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Recovery of electronic wastes as fillers for electromagnetic shielding in building components: An LCA study. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 280 (2).
- (2020) On the use of carbon nanotubes to develop durable structural electrodes for self-sensing applications. Key Engineering Materials. vol. 827.
- (2020) An Approach of Automatic SPARQL Generation for BIM Data Extraction. Applied Sciences. vol. 10 (24).
- (2020) Electromagnetic shielding for buildings using hybrid polymer composites: a life cycle assessment study. Key Engineering Materials. vol. 827.
- (2019) Electromagnetic shielding for buildings using conductive polymer composites: A life cycle assessment study. 18° International Conference on Fracture and Damage Mechanics ; Rodos. 2019-09-16 - 2019-09-18.
- (2019) Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of Cotton and Other Natural Fibers for Textile Applications. Fibers. vol. 7 (12).
- (2019) Reuse of carbon black from end-of-life tires in new pneumatic formulations and life-cycle assessment of the thermolysis process. Journal of elastomers and plastics (Print). vol. 51 (7-8).
- (2018) A Life Cycle Evaluation of the Environmental Effects of a Hydrometallurgical Process for Alkaline Battery Waste Treatment. Life Cycle Assessment of Wastewater Treatment.
- (2018) Innovative Chemical Process for Recycling Thermosets Cured with Recyclamines® by Converting Bio-Epoxy Composites in Reusable Thermoplastic—An LCA Study. Materials.
- (2017) Green Composites Based on Blends of Polypropylene with Liquid Wood Reinforced with Hemp Fibers: Thermomechanical Properties and the Effect of Recycling Cycles. Materials.
- (2017) Hybrid Biobased Recyclable Epoxy Composites for Mass Production. Polymer Composites.
- (2016) Recycling treatment of carbon fibre/epoxy composites: Materials recovery and characterization and environmental impacts through life cycle assessment. Composites Part B: Engineering.