Anita Nordeng Jakobsen
Background and activities
Background and activeties
I have a master's degree in chemistry and biotechnology and a PhD in heterotrophic microbial production of omega-3 fatty acids. My research activity is mainly related to food microbiology, food safety and shelf life studies. I work with innovative education through national and international educational projects.
- Optimal utilisation of marine food resources (Internal project, OPTiMAT 2015-2023)
- Digital assessments: collaboration between students and educators for enhanced learning (Diku 2020-2023)
- Concept development of full-scale soluble gas stabilization (SGS) technology for
seafood (NRC 2019-2022)
- Interdisciplinary Education and Research Platform in Cold-Chain of Fish: From Norway to Japan (IntER-Cold) (INTPART 2020-2023)
- Disinfectants in food production: efficacy towards foodborne bacteria and potential cross-resistance to antibiotics (DisinfectAMR) (NRC 2021-2025)
- TMAT3001 Food microbiology
- TMMT4004 Applied Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- TMMT5004 - Master Thesis in Food Science, Technology and sustainability
- MATV3006 - Bachelor Thesis
- MATV1008 - Microbiology and Food Safety
- TMAT201P - Internship
- MATV1007 - Microbiology and Biotechnology
- TMAT3001 - Food Microbiology
- TMMT5003 - Master Thesis in Food Science,Technology and sustainability
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Modelling water and salt diffusion of cold-smoked Atlantic salmon initially immersed in refrigerated seawater versus on ice. Journal of Food Engineering. vol. 312.
- (2022) Growth and Spoilage Potential of an Aeromonas salmonicida Strain in Refrigerated Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua) Stored under Various Modified Atmospheres. Foods. vol. 11.
- (2022) Application of soluble gas stabilization technology on ready-to-eat pre-rigor filleted Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Journal of Food Science. vol. 87 (6).
- (2022) The significance of Shewanella sp. strain HSO12, Photobacterium phosphoreum strain HS254 and packaging gas composition in quality deterioration of fresh saithe fillets. Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + Technologie. vol. 154.
- (2022) Interest, identity and perceptions. What makes a food technologist?. British Food Journal.
- (2021) Water holding properties of Atlantic salmon. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety.
- (2021) The use of soluble gas stabilization technology on food – A review. Trends in Food Science & Technology. vol. 118.
- (2021) Sustainable edible packaging systems based on active compounds from food processing byproducts: A review. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety.
- (2021) Diversity and Antimicrobial Activity towards Listeria spp. and Escherichia coli among Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated from Ready-to-Eat Seafood. Foods. vol. 10 (2).
- (2020) A comparative study of Atlantic salmon chilled in refrigerated seawater versus on ice: from whole fish to cold-smoked fillets. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Effect of chilling technologies on water holding properties and other quality parameters throughout the whole value chain: From whole fish to cold-smoked fillets of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 526.
- (2020) Fareanalyse - Fra fôr til bord. Norsk Sjømat. vol. 3.
- (2020) Samarbeid mellom Matteknologisk utdanning ved NTNU og matbransjen om utdanningskvalitet. Norsk Sjømat.
- (2020) Arbeidslivets perspektiv inn i klasserommet via filmatiserte case. UNIPED. vol. 43 (4).
- (2020) Growth and spoilage metabolites production of a mesophilic Aeromonas salmonicida strain in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) during cold storage in modified atmosphere. Journal of Applied Microbiology. vol. 129 (4).
- (2020) Aeromonas spp. isolated from ready-to-eat seafood on the Norwegian market: prevalence, putative virulence factors and antimicrobial resistance. Journal of Applied Microbiology.
- (2020) Occurrence, diversity and temperature-dependent growth kinetics of Aeromonas spp. in lettuce. International journal of food microbiology. vol. 335.
- (2020) The use of atomized purified condensed smoke (PCS) in cold-smoke processing of Atlantic salmon - Effects on quality and microbiological stability of a lightly salted product. Food Control. vol. 112.
- (2019) The Significance of Mesophilic Aeromonas spp. in Minimally Processed Ready-to-Eat Seafood. Microorganisms. vol. 7 (91).
- (2019) Involvering av bachelor- og masterstudenter i eksternfinansiert sjømatforskning ved NTNU - Case: Prosjektet "Innovative teknologiske løsninger for økt holdbarhet i lett-prosessert sjømat". Norsk Sjømat.
- (2018) Growth of mesophilic Aeromonas salmonicida in an experimental model of nigiri sushi during cold storage. International journal of food microbiology. vol. 285.
- (2018) Comparative evaluation on the quality and shelf life of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) filets using microwave and conventional pasteurization in combination with novel packaging methods. Journal of Food Science. vol. 83 (12).
- (2018) Quality of fresh saithe (Pollachius virens) in modified atmosphere packages as affected by the gas composition. Food Packaging and Shelf Life. vol. 18.
- (2017) Sushitrenden sett fra et mattrygghetsperspektiv. Matindustrien.
- (2017) Effects of storage temperature on bacterial growth rates and community structure in fresh retail sushi. Journal of Applied Microbiology. vol. 123 (3).
- (2017) Species distribution and prevalence of putative virulence factors in mesophilic Aeromonas spp. isolated from fresh retail sushi. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 8 (MAY).
- (2017) Rosa hamburgere – er det så farlig da?. Adressavisen.
- (2017) Ny masterutdanning innen Mat og Teknologi ved Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (NTNU). Norsk Sjømat.
- (2017) Fra lærerstyrt undervisning til varierte læringsformer. Nordic Journal of STEM Education. vol. 1 (1).
- (2016) The prevalence, genetic diversity and antibiotic resistance of Staphylococcus aureus in milk, whey, and cheese from artisan farm dairies. International Dairy Journal. vol. 65.
- (2015) Assessment of Microbiological Quality of Retail Fresh Sushi from Selected Sources in Norway. Journal of Food Protection. vol. 78 (5).
- (2012) Naturlig fermentering gir nypevin med andre sensoriske kvaliteter enn nypevin produsert ved tilsats av vingjær. Norsk frukt og bær.