Anne Heidi Skogholt
Background and activities
Currently I am working as a researcher at ISM. I am assist different research groups involved in the HUNT-genes All-in project by defining phenotypes related to their disease domain.
I am also working as a PhD-candidate where I am investigating genetical differences in blood between healthy subjects and patients with lung cancer
- Gene expression analysis
- Isolate totalRNA from blood and biopsies
- Establish a method to isolate totalRNA (both mRNA and miRNA) from PAXgene and Tempus tubes for RNA profiling
- Establish a SNPlex platform
- Find interesting single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in DNA repair genes using databases
- PCR optimization for amplification of very low concentrations of DNA
- 2016, June - present, Researcher at NTNU
- 2010, September - present, PhD student at NTNU
- 2007 June - 2010, August, Scientific Assistant, NTNU
- 2007, February - May, Engineer, NTNU
- 2006, June, Engineer, NTNU
- 1997 - 2008, Proxy, Sør-Trøndelag Police
Lectures and popular dissemination:
- November 2011; Children's University. Lectured about DNA for children between 8 and 11 years.
- June 2009; Organized and represented a stand called "Body, cells, DNA, DNA" with the "DNAniacs" - Where we presented molecular biological research at the faculty of Medicine to the public during the opening of the new hospital St.Olavs.
- 25 September 2009 - 26 September 2009; Organized and represented a stand called "Body, cells, DNA, DNA" with the "DNAniacs" at the National Science Week in Trondheim. We won the award for best stand.
- November 2009; Held a lecture entitled: "miRNAs as clinical biomarkers for lung cancer diagnosis, prognosis and prediction of response therapautic "
- 14 October 2008 - 16 October 2008; Held a lecture entitled: "Local facility: SNPlex analysis"
- 29 October 2007 - 30 October 2007; Held a lecture entitled: "SNPlex genotyping for Analyzing EPOS materia "
- 12 September 2006 - 19 September 2006; Held a lecture entitled: "Polymerase chain reaction for amplification of ultrasmall quantities of DNA - Significance of DNA quality for efficiency and fidelity."
Education and training:
- 2009 spring; PhD courses: Medical Statistics II (KLMED8005)
- 2008, autumn; PhD courses: Medical Statistics I (KLMED8004)
- 2008, autumn; PhD courses: Introduction to research (SMED8004)
- 2008, March; PhD courses: Microarray technology and data analysis - laboratory exercises (MOL8003)
- 2008, March; " Special Conference of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW): The Role of DNA polymorphisms in complex traits and diseases"
- 2007, spring; PhD courses: Protein Structures (BT8108)
- 2007, February; Super User by Tecan Freedom EVOware. Practical and theoretical understanding of Tecan Tecan robot and Freddeom EVOware standard software.
- 2005 summer; ENLINO (EN = environment, LI = Lithuania, NO = Norway); A Lithuanian - Norwegian master's program for master students. Environmental Science that included biodiversity and environmental management, genetic and evolutionary toxicology and molecular methods in ecology
- 2001 - 2006; Master of Science in Biotechnology, "Polymerase Chain Reaction for Amplification of Ultra Small Quantities of DNA - DNA Significance of Quality of Efficiency and Fidelity"
- 2000 - 2001; Microbiology , ecology , chemistry
- 1999 - 2000; Philosophicum Examen , Examen Facultatum ; Ethics and Social Anthropology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Gene expression differences between PAXgene and Tempus blood RNA tubes are highly reproducible between independent samples and biobanks. BMC Research Notes. vol. 10 (136).
- (2016) The rare Arg181Cys mutation in the μ opioid receptor can abolish opioid responses. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (8).
- (2016) A Modified Protocol Reduces the Gene Expression Differences Between the RNA stabilizing blood tubes PAXgene- and Tempus. NBS ; 2016-04-06 - 2016-04-07.
- (2016) 50.000 nordmenn trenger mer morfin. Gemini [Avis]. 2016-07-06.
- (2015) Gene expression differences in PAXgene and Tempus Tubes are reduced by the use of a modified protocol. Annual Meeting of NORBIS ; 2015-10-28 - 2015-10-30.
- (2009) Forskningsdagene 2009. Forskningstorget [TV]. 2009-09-25.
- (2008) SNPlex. Genomic approaches in human diseases (mol8007) . NTNU, Rigmor Austgulen; Trondheim. 2008-10-14 - 2008-10-16.
- (2007) SNPlex genotyping for analyzing EPOS material. Smerte og Palliasjons gruppemøte ; 2007-10-29 - 2007-10-30.
- (2006) Polymerase chain reaction for amplification of ultra small quantities of DNA - Significance of DNA quality for efficiency and fidelity. NBS Høstmøte . Norsk Biokjemisk Selskap (NBS); Røros. 2006-09-12 - 2006-09-19.