Background and activities
Dr. Annik Magerholm Fet is the Vice Rector of NTNU in Ålesund. She is also a Professor of Environmental management, Systems engineering and Lifecycle analysis at the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management at NTNU – a position held since 1999. From 2014–2016 she was the Director and Academic head of NTNU's strategic research area on Sustainability.
Professor Fet leads several national and international research projects in global production, environmental management, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and business models for sustainability. Through the Network for Green Growth, funded by the Research Council of Norway (RCN), she supports the research group for Green innovation and Business models and looks at opportunities to stimulate cross-disciplinary research activities at NTNU in Ålesund. In addition to several RCN projects, she manages an Erasmus+ project with academic partners in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Professor Fet is also involved in the work of Norwegian and international organizations, with a focus on academia and industry collaboration. She is an observer in the United Nations International Resource Panel (UN IRP), and a member of international committees for sustainable development and eco-labelling of products. She sits on the board of Sustainable Development Solutions Network Northern Europe (SDSN NE), Polaris Media Northwest and of the user-driven innovation program (BIA) funded by the RCN. She is also board member of ÅKP – Ålesunds regional innovation hub, Møre Research AS, Ålesund Region’s Intercommunal Renovation Company (ÅRIM) – An environmentally friendly competence center for waste, Ocean Training AS and EPD-Norge for development of criteria for environmental product declarations (EPDs).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Green public procurement - A case study of an innovative building project in Norway. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 188.
- (2017) Clarifying the Epistemology of Corporate Sustainability. Ecological Economics. vol. 138.
- (2015) Remanufacturing as a Sustainable Strategy in Shipbuilding Industry. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 460 (1).
- (2015) Review of methods for sustainability appraisals in ship acquisition. Environment Systems and Decisions. vol. 35 (3).
- (2014) Environmental and socioeconomic impacts of utilizing waste for biochar in rural areas in Indonesia – a systems perspective. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 48 (9).
- (2013) Systems engineering as a holistic approach to life cycle designs. Ocean Engineering. vol. 62.
- (2013) What is required for greener supplier selection? A literature review and conceptual model development. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Accountability in the Value Chain: From Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) to CSR Product Declaration. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Grey RBF Neural Network Forecasting on LV Under the View of Government Responsibility. Advanced Materials Research. vol. 452-453.
- (2011) Green public procurement in practice - the case of Norway. Society and Economy. vol. 33.
- (2011) Use of life cycle assessments to evaluate the environmental footprint of contaminated sediment remediation. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 45 (10).
- (2010) A framework for environmental analyses of fish food production systems based on systems engineering principles. Systems Engineering. vol. 13 (2).
- (2010) Using eco-efficiency in sustainable supply chain management; a case study of furniture production. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 12.
- (2010) Using Systems Engineering to Create a Framework for Evaluating Industrial Symbiosis Options. Systems Engineering. vol. 13 (2).
- (2009) Product category rules and environmental product declarations as tools to promote sustainable products: experiences from a case study of furniture production. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 11 (2).
- (2009) Using Systems Engineering to Create a Framework for Evaluating Industrial Symbiosis Options. Systems Engineering. vol. 12.
- (2009) Indicators and Reporting As a Driving Tool for Environmental Activities in the Region. Environmental Research, Engineering and Management. vol. 47 (1).
- (2008) LCA Studies of Food Products as Background for Environmental Product Declarations. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 13 (3).
- (2006) Environmental Management and corporate social responsibility. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. vol. 8 (4).
- (2006) Eco-labeling, Product Category Rules and Certification Procedures Based on ISO 14025 Requirements. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 11 (1).