Background and activities
- Refrigeration and heat pump technology in general.
- CO2 technology for various applications; supermarkets, industrial heat pumps, transport refrigeration.
- System design for refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps, (stationary and automotive).
- Compressor, Ejector and compact heat exchanger technology.
- Working fluids, with emphasis on natural working fluids, CO2 NH3 and hydrocarbons.
- Life Cycle Climate Performance of various energy systems.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Data-driven modeling of a CO2 refrigeration system. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 2019-July.
- (2019) Experimental and computational analysis of a R744 flashing ejector. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 107.
- (2019) Thermodynamic Performance Investigation of Commercial R744 Booster Refrigeration Plants Based on Advanced Exergy Analysis. Energies. vol. 12.
- (2019) Multi-Ejector Concept: A Comprehensive Review on its Latest Technological Developments. Energies. vol. 12 (3).
- (2019) CO2 refrigeration technology: Possible innovations. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2019-April.
- (2019) Performance operation of liquid ejectors for a R744 integrated multi-ejector supermarket system using a hybrid ROM. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 110.
- (2019) Preliminary study on CO2 transcritical ejector enhanced compressor refrigeration system for independent space cooling and dehumidification. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 100.
- (2019) Experimental evaluation of ice storage inside a helical coil heat exchanger integrated into a R744 refrigeration system. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2019-April.
- (2019) Experimental study of the heat transfer problem in expansion devices in CO2 refrigeration systems. Energy. vol. 173.
- (2019) Heat pumps for energy efficient breweries. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2019-April.
- (2018) Design and simulations of refrigerated sea water chillers with CO2 ejector pumps for marine applications in hot climates. Energy. vol. 161.
- (2018) Transcritical R744 refrigeration systems for supermarket applications: Current status and future perspectives. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 93.
- (2018) Crossing CO2 equator with the aid of multi-ejector concept: A comprehensive energy and environmental comparative study. Energy. vol. 164.
- (2018) Integrated CO2 solutions for supermarkets. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) Numerical investigation of heat transfer in a CO2 two-phase ejector. Energy. vol. 163.
- (2018) Performance mapping of the R744 ejectors for refrigeration and air conditioning supermarket application: A hybrid reduced-order model. Energy. vol. 153.
- (2018) Performance investigation of a multi-ejector R744 heat pump. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) Integrated energy concepts for high performance hotel buildings. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2018-June.
- (2017) Full-scale multi-ejector module for a carbon dioxide supermarket refrigeration system: Numerical study of performance evaluation. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 138.
- (2017) Thermodynamic Performance Assessment of a CO2 Supermarket Refrigeration System with Auxiliary Compression Economization by using Advanced Exergy Analysis. International Journal of Thermodynamics. vol. 20 (4).