Background and activities
- Refrigeration and heat pump technology in general.
- CO2 technology for various applications; supermarkets, industrial heat pumps, transport refrigeration.
- System design for refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps, (stationary and automotive).
- Compressor, Ejector and compact heat exchanger technology.
- Working fluids, with emphasis on natural working fluids, CO2 NH3 and hydrocarbons.
- Life Cycle Climate Performance of various energy systems.
- TEP4255 - Heat Pumping Processes and Systems
- TEP4520 - Industrial Process Engineering, Specialization Project
- EP8207 - Advanced Dewatering and Drying Engineering
- TEP4905 - Industrial Process Engineering, Master's Thesis
- TEP4525 - Industrial Process Engineering, Specialization Course
- TEP4851 - Experts in Teamwork - Smart Energy Use
- EP8206 - Heat Pumping Systems in Industrial Processes
- TEP4550 - Energy and Process Engineering, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Identification of Existing Challenges and Future Trends for the Utilization of Ammonia-Water Absorption–Compression Heat Pumps at High Temperature Operation. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (10).
- (2021) Comparative analysis of evaporation of isobutane (R600a) and propylene (R1270) in compact smooth and microfinned tubes. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 188.
- (2021) Condensation of hydrocarbons in compact smooth and microfinned tubes. Energies. vol. 14 (9).
- (2021) Numerical Study of Hydrocarbon Charge Reduction Methods in HVAC Heat Exchangers. Energies. vol. 14 (15).
- (2021) Dynamic modelling and validation of an air‐to‐water reversible r744 heat pump for high energy demand buildings. Energies. vol. 14 (24).
- (2021) An Ultra-Low Temperature Transcritical R744 Refrigeration System for Future Detectors at CERN LHC. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (16).
- (2021) The potential impact of the small-scale ejector on the R744 transcritical refrigeration system. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 249.
- (2021) An experimental study of an ejector-boosted transcritical R744 refrigeration system including an exergy analysis. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 238.
- (2021) Modeling of a CO2‐based integrated refrigeration system for supermarkets. Energies. vol. 14:6926 (21).
- (2021) Machine learning and CFD for mapping and optimization of CO2 ejectors. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2021) Thermal Energy Storage with PCM for Refrigerated Sea Water System of Fishing Vessels. Science et technique du froid.
- (2021) Experimental characterisation of a cold thermal energy storage unit with a pillow-plate heat exchanger design. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2021) Review on cold thermal energy storage applied to refrigeration systems using phase change materials. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 22.
- (2021) Multiejector CO2 cooling system with evaporative gascooler for a supermarket application in tropical regions. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 190.
- (2021) Evaluation of Integrated Concepts with CO2 for Heating, Cooling and Hot Water Production. Energies. vol. 14 (4).
- (2021) Energy use and retrofitting potential of heat pumps in cold climate hotels. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 298.
- (2021) Performance improvement of integrated CO<inf>2</inf> systems with HVAC and hot water for hotels. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 23.
- (2021) Investigation on the performance of fluted tube-in-tube gas cooler in transcritical CO2 heat pump water heater. International journal of refrigeration.
- (2021) Heat transfer and pressure drop of supercritical CO2 in brazed plate heat exchangers of the tri-partite gas cooler. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 178.
- (2020) Characteristics of evaporation of propane (R290) in compact smooth and microfinned tubes. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 181.