Background and activities
- Refrigeration and heat pump technology in general.
- CO2 technology for various applications; supermarkets, industrial heat pumps, transport refrigeration.
- System design for refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps, (stationary and automotive).
- Compressor, Ejector and compact heat exchanger technology.
- Working fluids, with emphasis on natural working fluids, CO2 NH3 and hydrocarbons.
- Life Cycle Climate Performance of various energy systems.
- EP8206 - Heat Pumping Systems in Industrial Processes
- TEP4506 - Sustainable Energy Systems, Specialization Course
- TEP4906 - Sustainable energy systems, master thesis
- EP8207 - Advanced Dewatering and Drying Engineering
- TEP4260 - Heat Pumps for Heating and Cooling of Buildings
- TEP4521 - Sustainable Energy Systems, Specialization Project
- TEP4255 - Heat Pumping Processes and Systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) The Performance Analysis of an Integrated CO2 Refrigeration System with Multi-Ejectors Installed in a Supermarket. Energies. vol. 15 (9).
- (2022) General heat transfer correlations for supercritical carbon dioxide heated in vertical tubes for upward and downward flows. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 140.
- (2021) Identification of Existing Challenges and Future Trends for the Utilization of Ammonia-Water Absorption–Compression Heat Pumps at High Temperature Operation. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (10).
- (2021) Comparative analysis of evaporation of isobutane (R600a) and propylene (R1270) in compact smooth and microfinned tubes. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 188.
- (2021) Condensation of hydrocarbons in compact smooth and microfinned tubes. Energies. vol. 14 (9).
- (2021) Numerical Study of Hydrocarbon Charge Reduction Methods in HVAC Heat Exchangers. Energies. vol. 14 (15).
- (2021) Dynamic modelling and validation of an air‐to‐water reversible R744 heat pump for high energy demand buildings. Energies. vol. 14 (24).
- (2021) An Ultra-Low Temperature Transcritical R744 Refrigeration System for Future Detectors at CERN LHC. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (16).
- (2021) The potential impact of the small-scale ejector on the R744 transcritical refrigeration system. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 249.
- (2021) An experimental study of an ejector-boosted transcritical R744 refrigeration system including an exergy analysis. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 238.
- (2021) Modeling of a CO2‐based integrated refrigeration system for supermarkets. Energies. vol. 14:6926 (21).
- (2021) Machine learning and CFD for mapping and optimization of CO2 ejectors. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2021) Thermal Energy Storage with PCM for Refrigerated Sea Water System of Fishing Vessels. Science et technique du froid.
- (2021) Experimental characterisation of a cold thermal energy storage unit with a pillow-plate heat exchanger design. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2021) Review on cold thermal energy storage applied to refrigeration systems using phase change materials. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 22.
- (2021) Multiejector CO2 cooling system with evaporative gascooler for a supermarket application in tropical regions. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 190.
- (2021) Evaluation of Integrated Concepts with CO2 for Heating, Cooling and Hot Water Production. Energies. vol. 14 (4).
- (2021) Energy use and retrofitting potential of heat pumps in cold climate hotels. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 298.
- (2021) Performance improvement of integrated CO<inf>2</inf> systems with HVAC and hot water for hotels. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 23.
- (2021) Investigation on the performance of fluted tube-in-tube gas cooler in transcritical CO2 heat pump water heater. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 135.