Background and activities
Dr.ing. from NTNU (former NTH), Trondheim 1994. Senior scientist at ABB Corporate Research, Oslo, Norway from 1995 to 2002. Professor at NTNU from 2002.
- TET 4195: High voltage equipment. Power transformers. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TET4195
- TET 4200: Maritime and offshore power systems. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TET4200
- TET 5100: Applied Electromagnetics in Power Engineering. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TET5100
- EP8411 "Hydropower Plants; Selected Interdiciplinary Topics" http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/EP8411
- ET8104 "Transformer Design" http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/ET8104
- Electric machines with focus on hydropower generators and windpower generators
- Electromagnetic analysis and design (FEM-analysis)
- Subsea power system modelling (Electric heating of flowlines)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Apparatus for loss measurements under multidirectional and dc-bias flux in electrical steel laminations. Review of Scientific Instruments. vol. 91.
- (2018) Fabrication of a scaled MgB2 racetrack demonstrator pole for a 10 MW direct drive wind turbine generator. IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity (TAS). vol. 28:5207105 (4).
- (2018) Influence of Converter Topology and Carrier Frequency on Airgap Field Harmonics, Magnetic Forces, and Vibrations in Converter-Fed Hydropower Generator. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 54 (3).
- (2018) Electromagnetic analysis and electrical signature-based detection of rotor inter-turn faults in salient-pole synchronous machine. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 54 (9).
- (2018) Variable-speed operation of hydropower plants: past, present, and future. IEEE Industry Applications Magazine. vol. 24 (5).
- (2017) Review of Partial Discharge and Dielectric Loss Tests for Hydropower Generator Bars. Proceedings of the Nordic Insulation Symposium. vol. 25.
- (2017) Design optimization of ironless multi-stage axial-flux permanent magnet generators for offshore wind turbines. Engineering optimization (Print). vol. 49 (5).
- (2016) Statistical analysis of dielectric breakdown of liquid insulated printed circuit boards. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 23 (4).
- (2016) Partial discharges in liquid embedded power electronics: Effects of pressure and liquid nature under negative pulse voltage stress. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 23 (2).
- (2016) Characterization of magnetic losses in the transformer tank steel. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) An Investigation of Zeroth-Order Radial Magnetic Forces in Low-Speed Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Machines. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 52 (8).
- (2015) Influence of fast rise voltage and pressure on partial discharges in liquid embedded power electronics. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 22 (5).
- (2015) Design aspects on winding of an MgB2 superconducting generator coil. Energy Procedia. vol. 80.
- (2015) Effects of Loading and slot harmonic on Radial Magnetic Forces in Low-Speed Permanent Magnet Machine with Concentrated Windings. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 51 (6).
- (2014) Electricity for the future. Pan European Networks: Science and Techology Magazine.
- (2014) Influence of pole and slot combinations on magnetic forces and vibration in low-speed PM wind generators. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 50 (5).
- (2014) Slot harmonic effect on magnetic forces and vibration in low-speed permanent-magnet machine with concentrated windings. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 50 (5).
- (2014) Multiphysics 3D Modelling of Ironless Permanent Magnet Generators. Energy Procedia. vol. 53.
- (2013) High-power generators for offshore wind turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 35.
- (2011) A Review of Results From Thermal Cycling Tests of Hydrogenerator Stator Windings. IEEE transactions on energy conversion. vol. 26 (3).