Background and activities
Arne holds a B.Eng. w/Hons (Sivilingeniør) degree in Microelectronics and Software Engineering from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. Arne has more than 20 years of experience from the Norwegian IT industry from fire alarm systems and digital TV distribution to the development of command control information system (CCIS) for the Norwegian defense. From 2006 he developed advanced simulators for collaborative training within the offshore industry (anchor handling, etc.) at Offshor Simualtor Center (OSC AS).
From the industry, Arne is an experienced Agile Methodologist, having hands on experience on Agile Methods like SCRUM, Kanban etc.
Arne teaches object-oriented programming and system development at Bachelor level, as well as introduction to simulation and visualization on the Master.
- IDATG1001 - Programming 1
- IE502214 - Introduction to applied Simulation and Visualisation
- IDATT1001 - Programming 1
- IDATA1001 - Programming 1
- IDATA2001 - Programming 2
- IDATG2001 - Programming 2
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) An Experience Report on Transitioning to Blended Learning and Portfolio-assessment: a Cross-campus Course in Programming. Læringsfestivalen 2022 . Læringsfestivalen; NTNU. 2022-05-09 - 2022-05-10.
- (2022) An Experience Report on Transitioning to Blended Learning and Portfolio-assessment: a Cross-campus Course in Programming. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2021) Vico: An entity-component-system based co-simulation framework. Simulation modelling practice and theory. vol. 108.
- (2020) Co-simulation as a Fundamental Technology for Twin Ships. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 41 (4).
- (2020) Hva synes eldre om å bruke videokommunikasjon?. Tidsskriftet sykepleien.
- (2019) A Language and Platform Independent Co-Simulation Framework Based on the Functional Mock-Up Interface. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) FMU-proxy: A Framework for Distributed Access to Functional Mock-up Units. Proceedings of the 13th International Modelica Conference.
- (2018) FMI4j: A Software Package for working with Functional Mock-up Units on the Java Virtual Machine. Proceedings of The 59th Conference on Simulation and Modelling (SIMS 59).
- (2018) Transitioning to Flipped Classroom - an experience report. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2018) Data-Driven Maritime Processes Management Using Executable Models. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10672.
- (2017) Flipped classroom in higher Norwegian IT education. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2016) Analysis and Modeling of Sensor Data for Ship Motion Predicition. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2016) Integrated Flexible Maritime Crane Architecture for the Offshore Simulation Centre AS (OSC): A Flexible Framework for Alternative Maritime Crane Control Algorithms. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 41 (2).
- (2013) Kinect-based systems for maritime operation simulators?. Proceedings 27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2013, May 27th - May 30th, 2013, Ålesund, Norway.
- (2008) Simulation of intelligent ship autopilots. ECMS 2008 : 22nd European Conference on Modelling and Simulation.