Ashkan Jahanbani Ghahfarokhi
Background and activities
2015, PhD in Petroleum Reservoir Engineering, Norwegian University of Science & Technology (NTNU)
2009, MEng. in Petroleum Reservoir Engineering, University of Calgary, Canada
2008, M.Sc. in Petroleum Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum University of Technology, Iran
2006, B.Sc. in Petroleum Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum University of Technology, Iran
Data-Driven Reservoir Modeling
Modelling EOR Processes
CO2 EOR and Storage
Modern Well Test Analysis
TPG4145 - Reservoir Fluids and Flow (2019-present)
TPG4115- Reservoir Property Determination by Core Analysis and Well Testing (2012-2016, 2019-2020)
PG8601 - Specialized Reservoir Simulation Models
TPG4117- Unconventional Reservoirs (2012-2014)
TPG4177- Carbonate Reservoir Characterization (2012-2014)
- TPG4920 - Petroleum Engineering, Master's Thesis
- TMR4325 - Engineering and ICT, introduction
- TPG4560 - Petroleum Engineering, Specialization Project
- TPG4115 - Reservoir Property Determination by Core Analysis and Well Testing
- TPG4145 - Reservoir Fluids and Flow
- PG8601 - Specialized Reservoir Simulation Models
- TPG4565 - Petroleum Engineering, Specialization Course
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Production optimization under waterflooding with Long Short-Term Memory and metaheuristic algorithm. Petroleum.
- (2021) Application of Low-Salinity Waterflooding in Carbonate Cores: A Geochemical Modeling Study. Natural Resources Research. vol. 30 (1).
- (2021) Predicting wax deposition using robust machine learning techniques. Petroleum.
- (2021) Optimization of WAG in real geological field using rigorous soft computing techniques and nature-inspired algorithms. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 206.
- (2021) Application of nature-inspired algorithms and artificial neural network in waterflooding well control optimization. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. vol. 11.
- (2021) Well production forecast in Volve field: Application of rigorous machine learning techniques and metaheuristic algorithm. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 208 (B).
- (2021) Smart Proxy Modeling of a Fractured Reservoir Model for Production Optimization: Implementation of Metaheuristic Algorithm and Probabilistic Application. Natural Resources Research. vol. 30 (3).
- (2021) Interwell connectivity identification in immiscible gas-oil systems using statistical method and modified capacitance-resistance model: a comparative study. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 198.
- (2020) Prediction of CO2 diffusivity in brine using white-box machine learning. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 190.
- (2020) Predicting thermal conductivity of carbon dioxide using group of data-driven models. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- (2020) Applying hybrid support vector regression and genetic algorithm to water alternating CO2 gas EOR. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) A predictive model for the wettability of chalk. SN Applied Sciences. vol. 2.
- (2015) Well Test Analysis, Application to Thermal Recovery Processes for Reservoir Characterization. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-0746-4. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (41).
- (2020) Staged Development of a Marginal Oil Field Under Technical and Market Uncertainty: The Olympus Case. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition . SPE; Virtual. 2020-10-26 - 2020-10-29.
- (2019) Modeling Wettability Alteration in Low Salinity Water Flooding. 81st EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2019 . EAGE; London. 2019-06-03 - 2019-06-06.
- (2018) In-Depth Reservoir Placement of pH-Sensitive Polymer Gels - Importance of Geochemical Reactions in Numerical Simulations. 80th EAGE Conference and Exhibition 2018 . EAGE; Copenhagen. 2018-06-11 - 2018-06-14.
- (2018) Numerical Simulation Of Low Salinity Water Flooding: Wettability Alteration Considerations. ECMOR XVI - 16th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery ; Barcelona. 2018-09-03 - 2018-09-06.
- (2017) Key Concepts in the Simulation Study of a New Polymer Gel System for Enhanced Oil Recovery. 79th EAGE Conference and Exhibition . EAGE; Paris. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-15.
- (2017) Numerical Simulation of pH-Sensitive Polymer Gel for In-Depth Conformance Control. Asia Petroleum and Geoscience Conference & Exhibition 2017 ; 2017-11-20 - 2017-11-21.
- (2016) Investigation of Water Diversion by a Novel Polymer Gel System for Enhancing Oil Recovery. 15th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery (ECMOR XV) ; 2016-08-29 - 2016-09-01.
- (2016) Simulation study of application of a water diverting gel in enhanced oil recovery. SPE Europec featured at 78th EAGE Conference and Exhibition. . SPE and EAGE; Vienna. 2016-05-30 - 2016-06-02.
- (2014) Analysis of Heat Loss Effects on Thermal Pressure Falloff Tests. 14th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery ; 2014-09-08 - 2014-09-11.
- (2013) Study of Thermal Well Test Analysis for Vertical and Horizontal Steam Injection Wells with Application to Athabasca Heavy Oil. 2013 SPE Enhanced Oil Recovery Conference ; Kuala Lumpur. 2013-07-02 - 2013-07-04.
- (2012) Investigation of Thermal Well Test Analysis for Horizontal Wells in SAGD Process. 2012 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) ; San Antonio, Texas. 2012-10-08 - 2012-10-10.
- (2012) Investigation of the Applicability of Thermal Well Test Analysis in Steam Injection Wells for Athabasca Heavy Oil. EAGE Annual Conference & Exhibition Incorporating SPE Europec . EAGE; Copenhagen. 2012-06-04 - 2012-06-07.
- (2009) Determination of Inflow Performance Relationship (IPR) by Well Testing. 60th Annual Technical Meeting of the Petroleum Society . CIPC (Canadian International Petroleum Conference); Calgary. 2009-06-16 - 2009-06-18.
- (2008) Well Testing of Tight Gas Reservoirs. 59th Annual Technical Meeting of the Petroleum Society . CIPC (Canadian International Petroleum Conference); Calgary. 2008-06-17 - 2008-06-19.