Background and activities
Systems biology and its translations to new biomedical approaches.
The Knowledge Commons as foundation for systems biology.
Wide interdisciplinarity spanning humanities, science and technology as a quality and relevance enhancing research mode.
Current research projects
Lægreid studied biochemistry, mathematics and musicology before doing a master (1982) and PhD (1985) in biochemistry at the University of Oslo. During her post doctor, Lægreid entered the field of molecular biology which she applied in cancer research. Lægreid played a central role in the establishment of the national functional genomics research programme where she also headed the NTNU platform-node of the National Consortium of Microarray Technology. Lægreid has pursued epistemic and socio-ethical questions as a central part of her efforts to transform her cancer research strategies from traditional molecular cell biology into a systems biology approach.
Current position: Professor in functional genomics, Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, NTNU; Past university leadership positions: Vice Dean, Research, of the Medical faculty, NTNU, 1996-1999; Prorector, Research and Innovation of NTNU, 2005-2009
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Scientific knowledge in the age of computation: Explicated, computable and manageable?. Theoria. An international Journal of Theory, History and Foundations of Science.
- (2019) CausalTAB: the PSI-MITAB 2.8 updated format for signalling data representation and dissemination. Bioinformatics.
- (2019) The Gene Ontology Resource: 20 years and still GOing strong. Nucleic Acids Research.
- (2017) CImbinator: a web-based tool for drug synergy analysis in small- and large-scale datasets. Bioinformatics. vol. 33 (15).
- (2016) Gene regulation knowledge commons: community action takes care of DNA binding transcription factors. Database: The Journal of Biological Databases and Curation.
- (2015) Discovery of Drug Synergies in Gastric Cancer Cells Predicted by Logical Modeling. PLoS Computational Biology. vol. 11 (8).
- (2015) The gastrin and cholecystokinin receptors mediated signaling network: a scaffold for data analysis and new hypotheses on regulatory mechanisms. BMC Systems Biology. vol. 9 (40).
- (2014) The MIntAct project - IntAct as a common curation platform for 11 molecular interaction databases. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 42 (1).
- (2014) Salt-inducible kinase 1 (SIK1) is induced by gastrin and inhibits migration of gastric adenocarcinoma cells. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (11).
- (2014) Finding gene regulatory network candidates using the gene expression knowledge base. BMC Bioinformatics. vol. 15 (1).
- (2013) TFcheckpoint: a curated compendium of specific DNA-binding RNA polymerase II transcription factors. Bioinformatics. vol. 29 (19).
- (2013) Platelet-activating factor induces proliferation in differentiated keratinocytes. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. vol. 384 (1-2).
- (2013) NR4A2 is regulated by Gastrin and involved in gastrin-induced migration and invasion of gastric adenocarcinoma cells. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (9).
- (2013) The duration of gastrin treatment affects global gene expression and molecular responses involved in ER stress and anti-apoptosis. BMC Genomics. vol. 14.
- (2013) Gastrin-induced proliferation involves MEK partner 1 (MP1). In vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology-Animal. vol. 49 (3).
- (2013) Gene Ontology annotation of sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factors: setting the stage for a large-scale curation effort. Database: The Journal of Biological Databases and Curation.
- (2012) Gastrin upregulates the pro-survival factor secretory clusterin (sCLU) in adenocarcinoma cells and in oxyntic mucosa of hypergastrinemic rats. American Journal of Physiology - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology. vol. 302 (1).
- (2010) Functional studies on RNA-transfected cell microarrays. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 629.
- (2010) Platelet activating factor stimulates arachidonic acid release in differentiated keratinocytes via arachidonyl non-selective phospholipase A(2). Archives of Dermatological Research. vol. 302 (3).
- (2009) A comprehensive analysis of the structure-function relationship in proteins based on local structure similarity. PLOS ONE. vol. 4 (7).