Background and activities
I am responsible for the study programmes Master in Medical Imaging Technologies, and postgraduate MR education for radiographers. In research, MRS and MRI are central methods, applied to autoimmune inflammatory diseases. My research focuses on biomarkers for inflammation in autoimmune diseases, and psoriatic disease in particular. A key interest is the effects on psoriasis by interventions leading to weight-loss. Current research aims to bring more understanding of the role of adipose tissue in psoriatic disease by combining weight-loss intervention with broad molecular profiling.
Chemist, with PhD in Medical Technology (NTNU). Experienced in MR spectroscopic analysis of fluids and tissue samples, mainly aplied in studies of cancer and other diseases.
2016 - Associate Professor; NTNU, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
2014 - 2015: Associate Professor; HiST, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
2011 - 2014: Associate Professor; HiST, Department of Technology
2005 - 2011: Postdoc, researcher and coordinator; NTNU, Medical Faculty
2003 - 2004: PhD student; St. Olavs Hospital
1997 - 2003: Researcher and PhD student; SINTEF Unimed
2004: PhD in Medical Technology (NTNU)
1996: MsC in Chemistry (NTNU)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Feasibility of contrast-enhanced MRI derived textural features to predict overall survival in locally advanced breast cancer. Acta Radiologica.
- (2019) Urinary detection of corticosteroid in topical treatment of skin disease by 19F MRS. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine.
- (2019) Klinisk MR-spektroskopi av hjernen. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 139 (6).
- (2018) Markers of mitochondrial metabolism in tumor hypoxia, systemic inflammation, and adverse outcome of rectal cancer. Translational Oncology. vol. 12 (1).
- (2018) Utvikling av nettbasert studietilbud ved NTNU – tverrprofesjonelt samarbeid er suksesskriteriet. Læring om læring. vol. 2 (1).
- (2018) Vilkår for praksisveiledning av radiografstudenter. Hold Pusten. vol. 45 (5).
- (2017) Quantifying bone marrow inflammatory edema in the spine and sacroiliac joints with thresholding. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 18 (1).
- (2016) Impact of freezing delay time on tissue samples for metabolomic studies. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 6.
- (2016) High tumor glycine concentration is an adverse prognostic factor in locally advanced rectal cancer. Radiotherapy and Oncology. vol. 118 (2).
- (2015) Er forelesninga effektiv, interessant og meningsfull? - Oppfatninger om og betydningen av forelesninger som undervisningsform. UNIPED. vol. 38 (4).
- (2014) Interplay of choline metabolites and genes in patient-derived breast cancer xenografts. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 16 (1).
- (2013) Feasibility of MR Metabolomics for Immediate Analysis of Resection Margins during Breast Cancer Surgery. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (4).
- (2013) Metabolic changes in psoriatic skin under topical corticosteroid treatment. BMC Dermatology. vol. 13.
- (2012) Prognostic value of metabolic response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. BMC Cancer. vol. 12.
- (2012) Predicting long-term survival and treatment response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy by MR metabolic profiling. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (2).
- (2012) Lactate and glycine-potential MR biomarkers of prognosis in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancers. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (11).
- (2011) In vivo MRS of locally advanced breast cancer: characteristics related to negative or positive choline detection and early monitoring of treatment response. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine. vol. 24 (6).
- (2011) HR MAS MR Spectroscopy in Metabolic Characterization of Cancer. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 11 (1).
- (2010) Magnetic Resonance Metabolomics of Intact Tissue: A Biotechnological Tool in Cancer Diagnostics and Treatment Evaluation. Cancer Research. vol. 70 (17).
- (2010) Merging transcriptomics and metabolomics - advances in breast cancer profiling. BMC Cancer. vol. 10.