Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Artificial size selection experiment reveals telomere length dynamics and fitness consequences in a wild passerine. Molecular Ecology.
- (2021) Variation in generation time reveals density regulation as an important driver of pace of life in a bird metapopulation. Ecology Letters. vol. 24.
- (2021) Spatial structure and dispersal dynamics in a house sparrow metapopulation. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 90.
- (2021) Dispersal in a house sparrow metapopulation: An integrative case study of genetic assignment calibrated with ecological data and pedigree information. Molecular Ecology. vol. 30.
- (2020) Omvendt undervisning versus tradisjonell undervisning i naturfag på ungdomsskolen: En studie av elevers motivasjon, forberedelser og læringsutbytte. Acta Didactica Norden (ADNO). vol. 14 (1).
- (2020) Consistent scaling of inbreeding depression in space and time in a house sparrow metapopulation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 117 (25).
- (2019) Characterizing morphological (co)variation using structural equation models: Body size, allometric relationships and evolvability in a house sparrow metapopulation. Evolution. vol. 73 (3).
- (2018) Inferences of genetic architecture of bill morphology in house sparrow using a high-density SNP array point to a polygenic basis. Molecular Ecology. vol. 27 (17).
- (2017) Controlling for P-value inflation in allele frequency change in experimental evolution and artificial selection experiments. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 17 (4).
- (2017) Reversal of response to artificial selection on body size in a wild passerine bird. Evolution. vol. 71 (8).
- (2017) Insights into the genetic architecture of morphological and sexually selected traits in two passerine bird species. Heredity. vol. 119 (3).
- (2016) Steroids in house sparrows (Passer domesticus): Effects of POPs and male quality signalling. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 547.
- (2016) Is basal metabolic rate associated with recruit production and survival in free-living house sparrows?. Functional Ecology. vol. 30 (7).
- (2015) On being the right size: Increased body size is associated with reduced telomere length under natural conditions. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 282 (1820).
- (2014) Is the rate of metabolic ageing and survival determined by basal metabolic rate in the zebra finch?. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (9).
- (2013) The easy road to genome-wide medium density SNP screening in a non-model species: development and application of a 10K SNP-chip for the house sparrow (Passer domesticus). Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 13 (3).
- (2010) Parent Kittiwakes experience a decrease in cell-mediated immunity as they breed. Journal of Ornithology = Journal fur Ornithologie. vol. 151 (3).
- (2009) Metabolic ageing in individual zebra finches. Biology Letters. vol. 5 (1).
- (2009) Climate change and phenological responses of two seabird species breeding in the high-Arctic. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 393.
- (2009) Food restriction in young Japanese quails: effects of growth, metabolism, plasma thyroid hormones and mRNA species in the thyroid hormone signalling pathway. Journal of Experimental Biology. vol. 212 (19).