Background and activities
Numerical methods in the fields
- Finite Element Methods; formulations and implementation
- Structural analysis and dynamics
- Aluminum extrusion, fluid flow
- Geometric modeling; element mesh and CAD
- TMM4135 Analysis and Assessment Based on the Finite Element Method, Basic Course
- TMM4230 Technology for Integrated Operations and Semantic Web
- TMM4135 - Analysis and Assessment Based on the Finite Element Method, Basic Course
- TMR4325 - Engineering and ICT, introduction
- MM8100 - Calculus of Variations and Variational Principles for Continuum based Analysis Software
- TMM4960 - Engineering Design and Materials, Master's Thesis
- TMM4275 - Knowledge Based Engineering, Project
- TPK4540 - Manufacturing Technology, Specialization Project
- TMM4935 - Industrial ICT, Master's Thesis
- TPK4940 - Manufacturing Technology, Master's Thesis
- TMM4560 - Engineering Design and Materials, Specialization Project
- MM8760 - Topics in Digital manufacturing and knowledge based engineering
- TMM4540 - Industrial ICT Engineering Design and Materials, Specialization Project
- TMM4250 - Advanced Product Simulation
- TMM4270 - Knowledge Based Engineering, Introduction
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Numerical integration algorithms and constraint formulations for an ALE-ANCF cable element. Mechanism and Machine Theory. vol. 170.
- (2021) Experimental and numerical fretting fatigue using a new test fixture. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 143.
- (2021) A study of the heave-induced surge and swap pressures when a drillstring is in the slips of a floating vessel. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 210.
- (2020) Fatigue analysis of high performance race engines. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 112 (104514).
- (2020) Efficient implementation of critical plane for 3D stress histories using triangular elements. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 134.
- (2019) Fluid structure interaction of Francis-99 turbine and experimental validation. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1296 (1).
- (2019) Excitation of torsional modes in guide vanes. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 240 (6).
- (2019) On the external effects affecting torsional modes in guide vanes. International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems. vol. 12 (2).
- (2019) Experimental investigation on the effect off near walls on the eigen frequency of a low specific speed francis runner. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 118.
- (2018) Predicting fretting fatigue in engineering design. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 117.
- (2017) On the relation between friction losses and pressure pulsations caused by Rotor Stator interaction on the Francis-99 turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 782 (1).
- (2016) Dynamic Stresses In High Head Francis Turbines. International journal on hydropower and dams. vol. 3.
- (2015) Coupled Fluid Flow and Elasto-plastic Damage Analysis for Fractured Porous Chalk with Induced Wormhole. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 80.
- (2014) Modal analysis of active flexible multibody systems containing PID controllers with non-collocated sensors and actuators. Finite elements in analysis and design. vol. 91.
- (2013) A method for controller parameter estimation based on perturbations. Engineering with Computers.
- (2011) Modal analysis of active flexible multibody systems. Computers & structures. vol. 89 (9-10).
- (2005) A unified formulation of small-strain corotational finite elements: I. Theory. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 194 (21-24).
- (2005) Thin shell and surface crack finite elements for simulation of combined failure modes. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 194.
- (2001) Nonlinear response of shell structures: effects of plasticity modelling and large rotations. Thin-walled structures. vol. 39.
- (1999) Collapse of thin shell structures - Stress resultant plasticity modelling within a co-rotated andes finite element formulation. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering. vol. 46.