Bozena Dorota Hrynyszyn
Background and activities
She has a master degree in civil engineering, architecture and urban planning (M Eng Arch), and a doctor degree (Dr Eng) from the Silesian University of Technology in Poland.
Areas of expertise
- Architecture and urban planning
- Building engineering
- Passive House Design*
- Optimization of buildings energy performance
- Efficient energy use in buildings
- Project management
* Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant at Passive House Institute in Darmstadt, Germany since 2013; See more: http://www.passivhausplaner.eu/mitgliederdatenbank.php
* International Passive House Association iPHA-Affiliate Member through IG PH Sweden since 2016; See more: http://www.passivehouse-international.org
Research and development (R&D)
- Efficient energy use in new and existing buildings
- Optimization of building envelope
Ongoing R&D project at IBM: "Effective use of solar energy using active facade components with glass"
Member of ENERSENSE, a centrally-supported focus area for research in the boundary layer between energy storage, energy efficiency and sensor technology.
Ongoing R&D project at ENERSENSE: "Effective energy use in existing buildings with the use of modern sensor technology and building automation"
Subproject: "Optimized building envelope for efficient energy use and good indoor environment"
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The impact of building automation control systems as retrofitting measures on the energy efficiency of a typical Norwegian single-family house. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 410.
- (2020) Evaluation on Overheating Risk of a Typical Norwegian Residential Building under Future Extreme Weather Conditions. Energies. vol. 13 (3).
- (2019) Retrofitting towards energy-efficient homes in European cold climates: a review. Energy Efficiency. vol. 13 (1).
- (2019) Occupant behaviour-based patterns of using a fireplace in Norwegian housing: a survey-based statistical analysis. Abstract Book and Introduction to SAS Network.
- (2019) Wood burning habits and its effect on the electrical energy demand of a retrofitted Norwegian detached house. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352:01022.
- (2019) Must protection stop revitalization?. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 471 (032073).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Building design and envelope. Energy-Smart Buildings: Design, construction and monitoring of buildings for improved energy efficiency.
- (2020) Smart components and systems. Energy-Smart Buildings: Design, construction and monitoring of buildings for improved energy efficiency.
- (2019) Upgrading of a Typical Norwegian Existing Wooden House According to the EnerPHit Standard. Cold Climate HVAC 2018 - Sustainable Buildings in Cold Climates.
- (2019) Retrofitting according to the EnerPHit standard in cold climate - components. 23RD INTERNATIONAL PASSIVE HOUSE CONFERENCE 2019 Conference Proceedings.
- (2014) Passive house - an option for a modern rorbu?. Conference Proceedings 18th International Passive House Conference 2014.