Carla Susana A Assuad
Background and activities
I am Management Engineer with a master in computer simulation from the University of Bergen, with a PhD in Sustainability Studies from the University of Adger. Currently Associate Professor in NTNU Institute for Manufacturing and Civil Engineering in Gjøvik.
My main competence is analysis using simulation tools. I had worked in different fields, caring out simulation and quantitative analyses for development of decision making tools in complex problems. I have build simulation models for financial analysis and process improvement. I have also been involved in cost and procurement analysis projects. In the Health sector I have collaborated with simulation of patient flow and logistics. In the World Bank I worked with carbon offset projects of CO2 and climate change adaptation in Latin America and the Caribbean. Working together with UN Environment, UNDP and Millennium Institute I have developed simulation models for policy analysis in the context of Green Economy and the Agenda 2030 for SDGs achievement and accelerators.
In my master thesis I carried out experiments with real time decision makers using computer simulation models to test misperception of delays in reaching the Kyoto Protocol. My PhD focused on decision making in the context of Sustainable Development and the effect that timeframes has on the outcome of such decisions mainly in the manufacturing sector.
Currently my research is focus on digital twin/simulation/data analysis in manufacturing merged with circular manufacturing.
- Computer Simulation
- System Thikning
- System Dynamics
- Experimental economics
- Sustainable Development
- Decision making
- Network Theory
- Data science
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) System dynamics modelling and learning factories for manufacturing systems education. Procedia CIRP. vol. 88.
- (2019) Understanding Rationality in Sustainable Development Decision-Making: Unfolding the Motivations for Action. Journal of the Knowledge Economy.
- (2019) Life cycle simulation assessment of reusability of electric cars in Norway and Japan, a country comparison. The 11th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing (EcoDesign 2019) ; Yokohama. 2019-11-25 - 2019-11-27.
- (2018) Tensions in Decision-Making the Context of Sustainable Development for Manufacturing Companies. 2018 AOM Annual Meeting . Academy of Management; Chicago. 2018-08-08 - 2018-08-17.
- (2018) Coping with Decisions First I imagine, then I know. Coping with the Future: Rethinking Assumptions for Society, Business and Work.
- (2012) GHG taxes and tradable quotas, experimental evidence of misperceptions and biases. Environmental Economics. vol. 3 (2).