Carlos Alberto Dorao
Background and activities
I am Professor at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
My research interests cover heat and mass transfer issues related to the development of more efficient processes, and multiphase and multicomponent separation issues related to the oil and gas industry.
I was born in Aguilares (Tucumán), Argentina. I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from NTNU.
Awards and Grants
- ExxonMobil Corporation: Award for best Ph.D degree in basic research (2006)
- Faculty-prize for best Ph.D degree (2006). Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Grant from the National Commission of Atomic Energy Schilarship (1997-2002), Argentina
Awards and Grants
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A redefined energy functional to prevent mass loss in phase-field methods. AIP Advances. vol. 10 (6).
- (2019) Can Wicking Control Droplet Cooling?. Langmuir. vol. 35.
- (2019) Conical micro-structures as a route for achieving super-repellency in surfaces with intrinsic hydrophobic properties. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 115 (5).
- (2019) On the heat transfer deterioration during condensation of binary mixtures. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 114 (17).
- (2019) Law of resistance in two-phase flows inside pipes. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 114 (17).
- (2019) Heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics of the silicone-based plate heat exchanger. Archives of Thermodynamics. vol. 40 (1).
- (2019) Water-repellent surfaces consisting of nanowires on micro-pyramidal structures. ACS Applied Nano Materials. vol. 2 (12).
- (2018) Water droplet dynamics on a heated nanowire surface. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 113 (25).
- (2018) Water droplet impacting on overheated random Si nanowires. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 124.
- (2018) Can the heat transfer coefficients for single-phase flow and for convective flow boiling be equivalent?. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 112 (6).
- (2018) Simple and general correlation for heat transfer during flow condensation inside plain pipes. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 122.
- (2018) Experimental Investigations On The Momentum Pressure Drop During Flow Boiling Of R134a. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1101 (1).
- (2018) Experimental validation of pressure drop models during flow boiling of R134a – effect of flow acceleration and entrainment. MATEC Web of Conferences. vol. 240.
- (2018) Experimental study on the characteristics of pressure drop oscillations and their interaction with short-period oscillation in a horizontal tube. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 91.
- (2018) On the occurrence of superimposed density wave oscillations on pressure drop oscillations and the influence of a compressible volume. AIP Advances. vol. 8 (7).
- (2018) Wetting State Transitions over Hierarchical Conical Microstructures. Advanced Materials Interfaces. vol. 5 (5).
- (2018) Can flow oscillations during flow boiling deteriorate the heat transfer coefficient?. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 113 (15).
- (2018) Thermal two-phase flow with a phase-field method. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 100.
- (2017) Experimental investigations on adiabatic frictional pressure drops of R134a during flow in 5 mm diameter channel. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. vol. 83.
- (2017) Experimental Study of Horizontal Flow Boiling Heat Transfer of R134a at a Saturation Temperature of 18.6 °C. Journal of heat transfer. vol. 139 (11).