Background and activities
I am Professor at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
My research interests cover heat and mass transfer issues related to the development of more efficient processes, and multiphase and multicomponent separation issues related to the oil and gas industry.
I was born in Aguilares (Tucumán), Argentina. I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from NTNU.
Awards and Grants
- ExxonMobil Corporation: Award for best Ph.D degree in basic research (2006)
- Faculty-prize for best Ph.D degree (2006). Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Grant from the National Commission of Atomic Energy Schilarship (1997-2002), Argentina
Awards and Grants
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Water droplet impacting on overheated random Si nanowires. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 124.
- (2018) Can the heat transfer coefficients for single-phase flow and for convective flow boiling be equivalent?. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 112.
- (2018) Simple and general correlation for heat transfer during flow condensation inside plain pipes. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 122.
- (2018) Wetting State Transitions over Hierarchical Conical Microstructures. Advanced Materials Interfaces. vol. 5 (5).
- (2017) Experimental investigations on adiabatic frictional pressure drops of R134a during flow in 5 mm diameter channel. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. vol. 83.
- (2017) Experimental Study of Horizontal Flow Boiling Heat Transfer of R134a at a Saturation Temperature of 18.6 °C. Journal of heat transfer. vol. 139 (11).
- (2017) Dominant dimensionless groups controlling heat transfer coefficient during flow condensation inside pipes. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 112.
- (2017) Effect of heating profile on the characteristics of pressure drop oscillations. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 158.
- (2017) Etudes experimentales detaillees sur la chute de pression frictionnelle du R134a lors de l'ebullition en ecoulement dans un canal de 5 mm de diametre : influence de la composante d'acceleration de la chute de pression Detailed experimental investigations on frictional pressure drop of R134a during flow boiling in 5 mm diameter channel: The influence of acceleration pressure drop component. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 82.
- (2017) Investigations on mixture preparation for two phase adiabatic pressure drop of R134a flowing in 5 mm diameter channel. Archives of Thermodynamics. vol. 38 (3).
- (2017) The least-squares spectral element method for phase-field models for isothermal fluid mixture. Computers and Mathematics with Applications. vol. 74 (8).
- (2017) Novel approach for modeling the dynamic of finer breakage in polymer matrix during capillary extrusion. Advances in Polymer Technology. vol. 36 (4).
- (2016) Numerical solution of coupled cahn-hilliard and navier-stokes system using the least-squares spectral element method. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Fluids Engineering Division (Publication) FEDSM. vol. 1B-2016.
- (2016) Numerical Solution of Incompressible Cahn-Hilliard and Navier-Stokes System with Large Density and Viscosity Ratio Using the Least-Squares Spectral Element Method. Journal of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 3.
- (2015) A numerical investigation of flow boiling of non-azeotropic and near-azeotropic binary mixtures. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 49.
- (2015) Modeling of annular-mist flow during mixtures boiling. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 91.
- (2015) Numerical study of the condensation length of binary zeotropic mixtures. Energy Procedia. vol. 64.
- (2015) Effect of inlet pressure and temperature on density wave oscillations in a horizontal channel. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 134.
- (2015) Experimental and numerical study of single-phase pressure drop in downhole shut-in valve. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 22.
- (2015) Experimental and numerical study of two-phase pressure drop in downhole shut-in valve with Unified Comprehensive Model formulation. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 23.