Background and activities
My research focuses on experimental fluid mechanics, turbomachinery, computational fluid dynamic, fluid structure interactions, fatigue damage in hydro turbines, vibration, energy flexibility and sustainability. Please visit the Turbomachinery Group website for more information.
Francis-99 workshop 1: Steady operation of Francis turbines
Francis-99 workshop 2: Transient operation of Francis turbines
Francis-99 workshop 3: Fluid structure interaction
Special issue on Turbomachinery, Energy and Environmental Technologies
Special issue on Fluid Mechanics in Hydraulic Turbines
- TEP4906 - Sustainable energy systems, master thesis
- TEP4110 - Fluid Mechanics
- TEP4506 - Sustainable Energy Systems, Specialization Course
- TEP4280 - Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics
- TEP4521 - Sustainable Energy Systems, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Leakage Vortex Progression through a Guide Vane’s Clearance Gap and the Resulting Pressure Fluctuation in a Francis Turbine. Energies. vol. 14 (14).
- (2021) Investigation of sediment erosion phenomenon for different blade angle distribution in Francis runner. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 174.
- (2021) Investigations of Rake and Rib Structures in Sand Traps to Prevent Sediment Transport in Hydropower Plants. Energies. vol. 14 (13).
- (2021) The state-of-art of design and research for Pelton turbine casing, weight estimation, counterpressure operation and scientific challenges. Heliyon. vol. 7 (12).
- (2021) Study of pressure pulsations in a Francis turbine designed for frequent start-stop. Journal of energy resources technology. vol. 143 (8).
- (2020) Optimization of Francis Turbines for Variable Speed Operation Using Surrogate Modeling Approach. Journal of Fluids Engineering - Trancactions of The ASME. vol. 142 (10).
- (2020) Time-dependent inception of vortex rings in a Francis turbine during load variation: Large eddy simulation and experimental validation. Journal of Hydraulic Research. vol. 58 (5).
- (2020) Numerical study of a Francis turbine over wide operating range: Some practical aspects of verification. Sustainability. vol. 10 (12).
- (2020) Investigation of a Francis turbine during speed variation: Inception of cavitation. Renewable Energy. vol. 166 (4).
- (2019) Numerical study of sediment erosion in guide vanes of a high head Francis turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1266 (012004).
- (2019) Variable-speed operation and pressure pulsations in a Francis turbine and a pump-turbine. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 240.
- (2019) Variable-speed operation of Francis turbines: A review of the perspectives and challenges. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 103.
- (2019) Numerical prediction of hill charts of Francis turbines. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1266 (1).
- (2019) Pressure Pulsations and Fatigue Loads in High Head Francis Turbines. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 240 (2).
- (2019) A systematic validation of a Francis turbine under design and off-design loads. Journal of Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification. vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) Signature analysis of characteristic frequencies in a Francis turbine. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 240 (7).
- (2019) A comprehensive review of verification and validation techniques applied to hydraulic turbines. International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems. vol. 12 (4).
- (2019) Francis-99 Workshop 3: Fluid structure interaction. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1296 (1).
- (2018) Numerical study of the Winter-Kennedy method - a sensitivity analysis. Journal of Fluids Engineering - Trancactions of The ASME. vol. 140 (5).
- (2018) Numerical Simulation and Validation of a High Head Model Francis Turbine at Part Load Operating Condition. Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India) Series C. vol. 99 (5).